First Encounter with the Locals

Sam's POV:

Rushing towards the entrance of the Infinite Forest on Mercury, we entered, only to be warped away. Looking around, we were in a forest.

I held out my hand. "Ghost, do you copy? Ghost, you there?" Nothing. "Little Light."

"DONT CALL ME THAT!"

I smiled under my Titan helmet. "There we go. Where are we?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know?! All I can say is, we're on a planet that resembles Earth, alright? And as far as I can tell, there's a settlement to the north. And before you ask, Luke's already heading North."

I nodded. "Alright, team! Move out!"

We all started running, Erica (our Warlock) bridging the gap between Hunter and Titans. Tia ran besides me, having almost the same exact armor, all down to our mark. She hadn't found a Mark that sung to her. I had the Sunbreaker's Mark on my hip, the hammer a comforting weight. Given how Tia runs Striker almost 24/7, she'll probably find a Mark that sings with Arc Light.

Eventually, we came across a city. Luke, the male Awoken, came back to us after a recon session.

"Report." My role-model is the legendary Lord Saladin.

"Oh, the unusual. Human settlement. People cheerfully goin about their day." Luke's was Cayde-6.

"To be expected. This IS a different planet, after all." Erica's Ghost was out and about, scanning everything, just like her role-model: Ikora.

"I really wanna punch something's face." Tia's was Shaxx. They're a good fit, given their fighting spirits.

"Later, Tia. Right now, recon. Guardians, armor off."

Everyone responded unquestionably and took off their armor, revealing the Guardians underneath. I had a simple tank-top displaying the Vanguard's logo, simple old Demmin jeans, and black sneakers with the Iron Banner logo. Tia had a tank-top showing off the Crucible's logo, her Shaxx's Favor pinned to the right strap, cargo pants, and silver combat boots with hand-painted lightning streaks. Erica had a hoodie on, Warlock logo emblazoned in silver on the back. Her pants were simple exercise pants with pockets, useful for holding Ghost shells picked up randomly. Oh, and she has a belt full of pockets, because field research. Luke's outfit was a white hoodie, with a chicken printed in jet black on the front. His pants were black and his sneakers were rainbow colored.

Guess who's the joker. (If you get this wrong, may the Traveler bless your stupid soul.)

Walking over to a shop, we were stunned to find a girl dressed head-to-toe in red. In her hand was what looked like a long-range rifle, but we were all stunned to find it folds out into a scythe! Naturally, we all sunk to fighting stance, Tia raising her fists, me reaching for the hammer, Erica calming her mind, and Luke... grabbing a fish. Somehow...

"Okay... get her!"

Three men with weapons charged the girl, so I gave my team the signal to wreak-face. The girl took out one, Luke fish-slapped another, and Tia lazily punched the last one, sending him skidding towards the boss. Erica and I got read, the hammer in my hand wishing to be thrown. I haven't turned it into a Hammer of Sol, yet, though.

The dude rambled on, aimed at the poor girl, and she cowered.

"Not on my watch, punk!"

Spreading my arms wide, I threw her back, taking notice she had silver eyes. The shot came my way, but blew up when I covered myself in Void Light, a technique only I can do. Taking a staggared step back, I glared at him.

"Arrow in the knee."

"Wahahahah-! Huh?"

Luke leapt into the air, his Void Bow taking shape. Pulling back, an arrow formed, he let go, and the arrow pierced his knee.

"Agh!" He clutched his bleeding knee.

"Bind him."

My team nodded and clasped cuffs to his hands and wrist, then double cuffed him to a lamp-post, hanging. Tia and I walked over to the girl.

"You okay, miss?"

The girl blinked up at us. "Are you Huntsmen?!?! *gasp* *in a higher voice* Can I have your autograph?!?"

"They're not Huntsmen, girl. Huntsmen don't hang wounded suspects from lamp-posts."

I glared at the woman who came over. "Exuse me, but that was the best way to make sure he didn't run away until athority came over. He's-"

"The fuck?!"

I spun around to see he was gone. "Fuck!"

The woman glared at us. "All of you are coming with me. No questions."

I glared at her, blood boiling. Saladin would not approve of me socking her in the face. But Shaxx would... I think.

Hoi! How are y'all? Do you like my portrayal of the Guardians? Also, it is kinda important to read the description, but screw that!

Continue reading, commenting and voting!