"Guardian Down!"

Tia's PoV:

I had first watch tonight. As I sat on the edge of the camp, I noticed Blake sneaking into Luke's tent. Quietly, I had Sheila record that to antagonize Luke later. Oh, for future reference, Sheila is my Ghost's name.

Turning my attention back to the forest, I sat there, in my tree, hoping for action. Nothing happened throughout the entire night, which was a first for me. As I gazed at the sunrise through my Empyrean Bellicose, I chatted to Sheila.

"Hey, how long has it been?"

"Since we lost contact to the Vanguard? Two we-"

"No, how long has it been since you found me?"

"Oh, that? Around one and a half years."

I whistled. "One and a half? And during that time, we raided Hellmouth, defeated Skollas, banished Oryx AND stopped SIVA? Man..."

Sheila popped out of my head. "Yeah. We've really done a number on the darkness, huh?"

I nodded. Sam shouted at me from below.

"Tia! Get down here! Erica's making breakfast!"

I smirked and hopped down. Walking over to the others, I took off my helmet, letting my brown hair spill out. Erica handed me a plate and I sat down, chatting with RWBY. Sam joined me and all of us were having a jolly good time when we heard three consecutive gunshots.

Golden Gun rounds. Luke's in deep!

I bolted to my feet as Sheila tried to figure out who (or what) was attacking us.

"Oh no...."

"Sheila, what is it? What are you reading?"

"Abnormal Neutrino scatterings!"

"English, please!"

I skid to a stop when I saw what Luke was fighting.

"TAKEN!"

Without thinking, I started to shoot. Sam and Erica joined us and before long, the Taken withdrew. Panting, I gazed at my team.

"Well, that was fun."

We walked back, not knowing that the Darkness was going to attack us every single day while we were here...

———————
Timeskip to end of trip!
———————

We were walking back to the ships when I saw my radar flash red. My hand shot up to hold position.

Erica gazed at me. "Tia, what's wrong?"

"Keep an eye on your trackers."

It flashed again. Something was behind us. Slowly, I turned around to face the trees. I saw a flash of red fly through the trees. Luke saw it, too.

Faster than an Exo could react, Luke drew his revolver and shot, hitting the thing square in the head. We heard the scream of Ether as Fallen issued their war cries. Quickly, we pulled RWBY behind us as we opened fire.

Sam entered full on Zavala mode. "Fallen! Find cover!"

We dove into cover as Luke stood up and raised his Ace of Hearts into the air. Fire consumed the gun as Luke leveled it and shot three Captains in the head. They perished as the Fallen focused on the bold Hunter.

He tried rolling away, but one sniper got a lucky shot off as the bullet made contact.

Our Ghosts yelled as Luke's Ghost entered Resurrection Mode. "Guardian Down!"

Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang were horrified. Blake seemed especially distraught as she gazed at Luke's still body.

Grumbling, I slid over to his Ghost and sent out Sheila. She let off a burst of Light and Luke was revived. He picked up his revolver and resumed fighting. His Ghost repaired his armor and I noticed his hand spark. Smirking, I sprinted towards a group of Fallen, Dunemarchers on my feet, and I slammed my knee into a Vandal's chest. It disintegrated as electricity coursed through its pals, frying them. Several Orbs of Light dropped at my feet and Luke rushed up to grab them.

Our friends watched in awe as we worked flawlessly to clear out the Fallen. After Luke plunged his blade in the last Fallen, we turned to see not only RWBY gazing at us with awe, but JNPR, too. With one glance at my fellow Guardians, I knew this won't go down well.

Silently, we got onto the Bullhead and flew back to Beacon. Before we landed, Sam pulled those who saw us getting revived aside and told them to meet up in our dorm. I let out a sigh.

Two weeks in and we are already spilling the beans. Wonderful.

Sheila: Yep. Wonderful.

I love my Ghost's sarcastic personality. Bad thing is, she tends to make sarcastic jokes in the middle of battle.

Either way, the Bullhead landed and us Guardians sprinted into our dorm. We needed to be ready for the sea of questions.

As soon as the door closed, Sam, Erica and I (along with our Ghosts) glared at Luke. "You just had to show off."

He gulped. "I'd rather face Shaxx in the Crucible than you guys right now..."

I cracked my knuckles. "You'd better..."

And there we go! RWBY and JNPR now know something is up with the Guardians for sure! What will happen when they tell them about where they came from? Find out soon!

Also, someone tell Cayde to get over here and watch the fireworks.