Ceremony and Sour Relations

Sam's POV:

We were in the auditorium with loads of other students, some second yearers and others first. Ozpin was calling out the different teams.

"Jaune Arc, Pyrrah Nikos, Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie. You all chose the black rook pieces. As of this day, you shall be known as Team JNPR, lead by.... Jaune Arc!" Ozpin smirked at Jaune.

He looked lost. "Wha-? Lead by-?"

Ozpin nodded. "Congratulations, young man."

The four of them walked off stage and Ozpin called four more students up. "Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. As of this day, you shall be known as Team RWBY, lead by... Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looked slightly pissed, and I swore I saw her eye color change for a brief second.

Ozpin then called us to the stage. "Sam Goldshot, Tia Goldshot, Erica Bluefin, Luke Evergreen. The four of you retrieved the black knight pieces. As of this day, you shall be known as Team STEL(steel), lead by..... Sam Goldshot!"

I nodded and glanced out at the crowd, ready to do my job. As we walked off, I heard Ozpin comment on how it will be an interesting year, but I didn't mind. Right now, I was focused on getting out of this sea of people. As I did so, my shoulder clipped Cardin Winchester's, whom I've come to learn is the son of the mayor.

He grabbed me by my collar and glared at my fearless eyes. "Do that again, punk and I'll kill ya!"

"Try me." My voice was emotionless.

He growled and raised his fist to punch me, but Tia simply drew her hammer and got ready to turn it into a Hammer of Sol. Cardin glanced at her and two of his lackeys grabbed her arms. We smirked and sent Arc Light course through our bodies briefly causing them to yell in pain and release us. Walking away like nothing happened, we left the auditorium and entered the housing wing of Beacon.

Once in our dorm, Luke and Erica looked at us. "That was a risky move, you two." Erica had her hands on her hips.

Tai rolled her eyes. "Oh, please! All we did was give them a small shock!"

Luke frowned. "That's not what we're worried about. We're worried about painting a target on Beacon by using our Light."

I rolled my eyes as well and drew Young Wolf's Howl, examining the edge. "Luke. Erica. We've been together since the VoG. And when Tia entered the fold a year later, our team became stronger. We were able to destroy the heart of the Black Garden, together. And we've only grown stronger since."

Luke crossed his arms. "So?"

I looked up from sharpening my blade. "So if the Darkness comes, we'll be ready."

Erica gazed out the window at the glittering stars, one of them ours. "And if we aren't?"

Tia stepped forwards. "Then we fight to our last breath."

Erica lowered her head. "You know what-"

"Ikora says about strength. 'Be as cunning as you are strong.' Yes, we know." Tia blew a bang of brown hair out of her eyes.

I placed the sword next to my bed and gazed at Luke. "And Luke. You've survived years beyond the Wall. Alone. Hell, you were even able to guide Tia to us on foot, without a scratch on her! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of, just by yourself! So it's time to stop moping around and time to get serious."

Erica and Luke looked at each other, then gave me a nod. I watched as my team got settled into bed and as soon as they were asleep, Ghost came out.

"Nice little speech you gave there."

I looked at him. "What is it?"

"Huh? Oh. Thought you might want to make another log or something."

I smirked. "Good call. Start it up."

"Recording. Go ahead, Guardian."

"This is Titan Sam. Today marks the end of our second day at Beacon Academy. I have landed on the same team as my fellow Guardians and the headmaster of the school, Professor Ozpin, has named us Team STEL, also pronounced Steel. We've made some sour relations to the son of the mayor of Vale, Cardin Winchester. Not that we really care. He seems to be the stereo-typical jock, or school bully. We're going to keep an eye on him and his team. This has been Titan Sam, signing off."

Ghost ended the recording and hid the glimmer in the wall. Laying my head on my pillow, I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.