chapter 1: ~~

Note: the first chapter is kinda boring but I promise it'll get better in the coming ones . I hope u keep reading . Dont forget to vote as u read . Thank u 💜  . credits to addigaddi for correcting and rewriting this chapter 💗
----------------------

No one pov

Jungkook's job as a waiter in a restaurant mainly attended by businessmen and women was not what one would consider a glamorous job, but to say he enjoyed it would be an understatement; he absolutely loved working there. The boss had become a sort of big brother to him over the years, having taken care of him since around the age 16 despite Jungkook coming from a decent family. His father had worked as a financial director under Kim Corporation and was close with everyone else who worked there, especially Mr. Kim himself. His mother never got to see Jungkook grow up, having died in childbirth, so his father had worked extra hard to give him a comfortable life with just the two of them. However, as a young teen, his father was diagnosed with brain cancer, forcing Jungkook to get a job in order to help pay for the expenses.

"Jungkookie," He heard his boss Taemin call out from across the counter. "I need you to stay a little bit longer today, I need to take my wife to an appointment."

Jungkook glanced up from where he was cleaning a table.

"Sure thing hyung," he replied with a smile. "Good luck with the pregnancy."

He flashed his signature bunny smile, easily catching the keys his boss threw at him. He continued with his work, charming the customers as they came and went, until a tall man with dyed grey hair, dressed in a black suit and dark blue tie that matched his shoes caught his eye. The man had an air of importance that made everyone turn his way, and Jungkook found himself staring just a little bit too long. It took him a second to register that the man was staring right back at him. Jungkook swore he saw him smirk, but he looked away as quickly as he could, ears burning red. He took a deep breath before deciding to take another customer's order first, keeping his head down as he passed the table where the man had sat. A small yelp escaped his lips as an arm found its way around his waist, pushing him into the chair across from the man.

Jungkook blinked twice in surprise before opening his mouth with a "What the fuck."

The man chuckled, leaning back in his chair as he replied "You should be careful about what you let out of that pretty little mouth of yours, especially around customers."

"E-excuse me but I'm actually working right now so unless you're ready to order I'm gonna have to leave right now immediately because I have many customers to serve as you can see.." Words tumbled out of his mouth as he stood up to leave, but the man grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Jungkook, please. I need you to hear me out."

A little surprised that the man knew his name, Jungkook slowly sat back down, figuring the other waiters could cover him for a couple of minutes.

"I know you're probably not all that happy about our current situation so I'm here to offer you whatever sum of money you want if you'll just go along with our father's wishes without a fight. We just have to pretend for a while, I promise we can get divorced a soon as possible and you won't ever have to see me again."

"Divorced..? We aren't even married.. I don't even know who you are." Jungkook questioned with furrowed brows and a tilted head. The man looked a bit surprised, before understanding seemed to wash across his face.

"Oh," he began, "Your father never told you."

"How do you know my father?"

"Our fathers were close friends." He held out a hand. "I'm Kim Taehyung, heir of Kim Corporation. Well, hopefully."

Jungkook took it apprehensively. "What do you mean, 'hopefully?' and what did you mean when you said that we would get divorced?" Taehyung flashed him a charming smile.

"You see, my dad promised your dad before he died that he would make sure you lived well. They planned on doing that by having us get married, and since I was supposed to be the next CEO, you would alway have enough money. However, my cousin Baekhyun has been trying to convince my dad to go back on his word and make him CEO instead. If we get engaged now, I can solidify my place as heir and Baekhyun won't be able to do anything about it."

Jungkook was silent processing Taehyung's words, before responding.

"So basically you're using me to your own advantage. Thanks but no thanks, I don't even know you." Jungkook began to stand up once more, and in a flash Taehyung stood up too. "Please Jungkook, you'll benefit too. I will pay your university tuition and I can give you a high-paying job in the company. Just, please consider my offer before you turn me down." He handed Jungkook his card, watching him shift awkwardly from side to side before turning and leaving. Jungkook looked down at the card, flipping it over once or twice as he thought about just how much he needed more money. As much as he loved his current job, it was hardly covering his basic needs. He sighed, slipping the card into his pocket as he went back to work, letting his mind wander back to dyed grey hair and black suits.