green

todoroki's heterochromatic eyes shot open and his fists tightened on his duvet. harsh, heavy breaths escaped his mouth and his eyes were glued to the ceiling. a few quiet seconds passed and the harsh breathing halted.

it was only a dream. get ahold of yourself.

todoroki sat himself up on his bed and ruffled his hair through his bi-coloured red and white hair. he stared hard at the digital clock that read 02:27am, almost as if he thought that if he stared hard enough time would move forward and the clock would read 07:00am. unfortunately he didn't have that kind of quirk, and, quite frankly, he didn't think such a quirk could exist.

i'm wide awake. i can't just sit here and wait for sleep to come and find me again. i don't feel like dreaming again either.

as todoroki stood his legs wobbled and threatened to push him over, but he managed to stay steady and balanced. he pulled his door open, careful as to not let it creak and wake anybody in the house — enji would have given him a lesson. he slowly made his way downstairs and pulled his coat off his rusted brown coat hanger, slipping it on with a swift jolt. it was warm and comfortable, todoroki remembered, and pulled a pair of trainers on before quietly leaving the house.

the thin, crisp winter air was a shock to todoroki and he flinched in surprise, but it wasn't like he was unused to the cold; half his quirk was ice — not like he ever used his fire side anyway. he looked up at the sky, only to find there were no stars in sight. it was too dark to tell if clouds had covered them, but it was still odd. maybe he needed glasses. with a sigh that crystallised into small icy flakes, he turned and headed down the road.

the streetlights were lit up and bright, illuminating the streets. nobody walked by and very few cars drove past, but none of this bothered todoroki anyway. it wasn't like it was anything new. todoroki visited the streetlights almost nightly. finding the bench he usually sat himself on, he did the usual; sit on it, of course. he stared into the dark abyss of nothingness and squinted. was it really his vision or did nothing seem bright today? the streetlights must have been weak.

silence, excluding the whispering wind battling the air, and the rare purr of cars on the road. todoroki loved sitting here; whenever he had his nightmares, or whenever he had a bad day, or have anything negative happen to him, he would sit there and enjoy the nothingness around him. it was calming, subtle; yet also eerie. sometimes a bird or, some animal, would break a twig and scare him, but it wouldn't take long to realise he was fine.

todoroki sat there for what felt like an hour, but he wasn't really sure if that was true or not. he had forgotten to bring his phone, which was unfortunate. considering his chances, if enji had woken up any earlier than usual, todoroki would as well be as good as dead. deciding to choose his nightmares over an argument, he was about to stand up when a voice surprised him.

"oh, uh, i didn't think anyone would be here."

the voice was soft and kind, but whoever owned the voice sounded as if they were more talking to themself rather than todoroki, and also a little embarrassed. todoroki turned around and spotted a short young boy with bright green hair and shimmering green eyes. green. green, green, green. everything about him screamed green. even his pyjamas were green — pyjamas.

"o-oh, no, it's fine, assuming you wanted to take a seat-?"

"um, yes. thank you."

the boy shuffled over awkwardly beside todoroki and sat down on the bench. todoroki decided to stay where he was rather than leave and take his features in more. his face was somewhat round, but not very. his cheeks were a bright pink and his skin was a mix of strawberry pink and a peachy cream colour. his hair was super messy, so messy that todoroki wasn't sure whether he just had a serious case of bedhead or if that was how his hair usually was. this green boy intrigued him, but he wasn't sure why.