visit

the next day, 11am soon came by, and todoroki had managed to sneak out with fuyumi's assistance. he was wearing a white shirt with a tea brown sweater and greyish blue denim jeans, and his shoes were a coffee brown with laces. he brought a long strapped bag and hoisted it over his shoulder, a large bag that only contained his phone, his phone charger (just incase) and his wallet, plus some little extras. he made his way over to midoriya's house, buzzing with excitement, though his deadpan expression never gave anything away.

when he reached the green boy's house, he hesitated. there was a button which clearly linked to a bell, but there was also a metal knocker. which should he use? was this some kind of test? what kind of person had a knocker and a bell? eventually he shook the thought away and told himself to stop being so on edge and knocked with the knocker. within a few seconds, the door swung open, and the bright, cheery face of the green boy came into view.

the green boy wore a pastel green turtleneck sweater with a small all might stitched into the bottom left corner, white skinny jeans and light up socks — light up socks. the boy's hair was messy and tangled as usual, but his eyes seemed to shimmer brighter than before. "morning, todoroki-kun!" he beamed.

"good morning, midoriya-kun," todoroki smiled with a wave.

"come in, come in!" midoriya insisted. "you have to meet my mom! she's been hoping to see you!"

todoroki's heart skipped a beat and his shoulders stiffened — that seemed to be happening a lot lately. "y-your mom!"

"yes, my mom. come on!" midoriya tugged the bi-haired boy inside excitedly and todoroki had to quickly shut the door with his foot behind him. midoriya pulled him into what looked like the kitchen; it was small but comfy. it was a mix of browns and whites with tiles along the wall, and a small brown table sat itself in the middle of the room.

standing in front of the stove stood a small, plump woman with long green green hair. her eyes that were a pale green were glued onto todoroki, and that seemed to distract him from noticing any of her other features.

"you're todoroki-kun?" the woman said with a voice of silk, but there was clear concern on her voice.

todoroki sighed and kept himself calm with a silent exhale. with a voice of confidence he said, "that is me."

the woman nodded and smiled. "i've heard great things about you, todoroki-kun. you make my little izuku-kun happy, you know?"

"i'm glad if that is the case," todoroki replied with a smile back. "midoriya izuku himself is a gem to be around, he's always kind."

midoriya izuku widened his eyes and blushed. "h-hey, it's really nothing! i'm not that kind!"

todoroki turned to midoriya izuku with a small smirk. "oh? you've never been crude at all, as far as i'm aware. you're always kindhearted."

"t-todoroki-kun, you're embarrassing me!" midoriya izuku stuttered with a chuckle, blush tainting his cheeks. he scratched the back of his neck in nervousness and glued his eyes to the ceiling. "uraraka-chan isn't here yet, but she should be here soon. when she gets here, are you up for going out into town for lunch?"

"of course," todoroki smiled.

midoriya izuku placed his fists on his hips and smirked, and before he began speaking he raised his finger. "well, todoroki-kun, are you up for a house tour?"

"a what?"

"dummy, you could just say no."

todoroki raised his shoulders in surprise. "th-that's not—"

"izuku-kun, give him a break!" midoriya izuku's mother chuckled. "show him to your room."

"that was what i was planning!" midoriya izuku insisted. she grabbed todoroki's wrist again and beamed at him enthusiastically. "come on, todoroki-kun, up this way!"

"i-i can follow, you don't have to pull!" todoroki laughed.

midoriya tugged the bi-haired boy upstairs, the two caught in a flurry of laughter and play fights. when they reached midoriya's room, todoroki noticed a sign decorated with an all might theme which read, 'izuku'.

midoriya turned to todoroki and twirled his thumbs. "just a small warning; i don't think you understand how much of an inspiration all might is to me. there's no way you're prepared."

"oh?" todoroki chuckled. "i'm sure i can handle it.

a smile glued itself to the green boy's face and he nodded with an awkward smirk. placing his hand on the door, he slowly pushed it open as if it were a dramatic scene, and todoroki couldn't believe his eyes. all might was literally everywhere to be seen. all might figurines, posters, bed sheets, wall decorations, manga, comics, a rug, curtains, literally everything was all might themed. the sight made him widen his eyes in shock and he turned to midoriya slowly. "you— you weren't kidding, huh?"

"is it too much?" midoriya wailed suddenly, waving his hands. "i know it's weird—!"

todoroki placed his hand to his chin, his free arm tucked beneath his other arm's elbow. "no, it's just... very... otaku."

"wha— otaku!!" midoriya yelped. "no! i just love all might!"

"i can see. that makes you an otaku."

midoriya playfully fell to his knees and faked tears. "oh, woe is me!" he booed.

"get up, you dork," todoroki chuckled. he offered the green boy his hand and midoriya took it with gratitude.

the two sat on the green boy's bed and midoriya pulled out his phone from his after feeling it buzz against his leg. he stared at it and paused, then looked up at todoroki. "uraraka-chan will be here in a few minutes," he said.

todoroki nodded and looked around the otaku's room again. the sight still astonished him — no, that was an understatement. it took his breath away. "i... i didn't realise all might was this much of an inspiration to you. i thought it was a small thing-!"

midoriya chuckled and pressed his index finger against his cheek. "he's under credited for what he does."

"what do you mean? everyone recognises him as the number one hero and loves him."

"he still deserves more! he has saved so many people, rid the town of so many villains, and he's just an all in all nice guy who makes everybody happy!" as the boy continued to gush about his heroic inspiration, todoroki couldn't help but smile lightly at the boy. hearing him gush about something or someone so important to him was music to his ears.

but something felt wrong. for some reason, he was desperate for midoriya to think so highly of him like that too. what did that mean? todoroki's heartbeat became heavy and harsh, he could feel it in his throat and he could hear the drum in his ears. did the green boy really make him this happy?

"todoroki-kun, are you okay?"

todoroki snapped out of his daze and shook his head in surprise. "oh, me? i'm fine. you can continue... if you want."

midoriya tilted his head in confusion, his green tangles falling in front of his face again. "i finished already... you're turning red."

todoroki stiffened and smiled at midoriya. "oh, i'm just pretty hot."

"in winter?"

"oh, uh... well..."

"oh, i get it, icy hot quirk can affect it, yeah?"

"uh, yeah."

suddenly, a bell rung throughout the house — todoroki's rescue. midoriya beamed and said, "uraraka-chan! you can wait here a sec if you want."

"oh, sure."

midoriya almost sprinted out the room in excitement, leaving todoroki to bury his face into his tea brown sweater.

what was that...?