fire

the supposed 'kacchan', as midoriya had called him, took a step closer, his hellflame red eyes glued to todoroki. "who's this guy?"

before midoriya could say anything (or stutter anything) todoroki put his hand up to silence him. "are you a friend of midoriya's?"

kacchan tilted his head, his spiky hair staying in place. "what's it to you?"

"well, if you are treating him incorrectly, like i suspect, i suggest you stop."

midoriya's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. he stared at todoroki, shock in his eyes. "t-todo—"

"zip it, deku," kacchan growled. midoriya noticed todoroki's look of anger towards the blonde. kacchan turned back to todoroki and raised his shoulders. "i don't think you're in any spot to tell me what to do, you know. you're probably quirkless too."

todoroki raised his eyebrow at the boy in confusion. his right fist began to turn a pal blue and midoriya knew what that could mean, so he took a step back. "what makes you think i'm quirkless?" todoroki queried, though he seemed very calm about the situation.

kacchan chuckled and pointed his thumb back towards the green boy. "he's quirkless, so his only friend is bound to be mopey and quirkless too. hell, i'm even surprised he even made a friend!"

todoroki pushed his hand in front of kacchan's face, not so it touched, but so it was a centimetre away. "i suggest you learn not to assume. plus, it seems midoriya id more deserving of friends, unlike you, mullet."

todoroki's rage welled up inside him and he was preparing himself to use his quirk on the boy despite the fact it was illegal to use quirks against each other in public. at this point, he didn't care. he just wanted midoriya to be happy.

kacchan's eyes widened in surprise and he gritted his teeth. "i'd much rather you didn't do that. my business isn't with you, weird eyes, it's with deku dork over there."

todoroki flicked his wrist and ice shot from his hand, freezing his neck. "his name is midoriya."

kacchan, stunned, glared at the bi-haired boy. after a second, he chuckled menacingly and raised his hand. "alright, i didn't want extra work, but i guess i could make do."

todoroki was confused for a second, but was then shot back by an explosion. he almost landed on his side, but he landed easily on his legs. for once, he was thankful for his nonstop training practise.

"an ice quirk," the kacchan commented with a hiss. "not too strong against my quirk."

the explosion must have been his quirk, but where did the explosion come from? if i can just figure that out... i'll have to make him use his explosion again to find out.

todoroki stood and straightened out his right arm. "you have an explosion quirk, i see."

kacchan nodded with a devilish smile. "caught on quick, huh?"

he leapt at the bi-haired boy, but before he could blast him todoroki dodged. the blast had come from his right hand, so todoroki kept his eye on it. kacchan attempted to blast him again, this time with his left hand, and managed to blast his stomach. todoroki hunched over and held his pained stomach, but now he knew that the explosions were created by his hands.

kacchan let out a roar of fury as he leapt at the bi-haired boy again, but this time todoroki shot ice from his hand and froze the blonde's left hand. he grunted in anger and pressed his other hand against the ice and blew it off, sending shards of ice flying in every direction.

i'm gonna need to freeze both his hands at the same time if i want to finish this, but i only have one icy hand. should i freeze him wholly?

this time todoroki leapt at kacchan, but he didn't dodge. instead, he put his hands side by side in front of him, ready for an explosion, but todoroki threw his hand forward and froze both hands.

that wasn't too hard.

the blonde growled in frustration and stared at his hands. it took a few seconds, but the ice suddenly burst and was sent flying in different directions.

dammit. i need a weak spot.

kacchan's smirk grew and his eyes were glued onto the bi-haired boy. "pathetic! you thought that would stop me?"

"this will," todoroki said calmly and waved his hand forward. a massive chunk of ice emitted from his hand and froze kacchan entirely, excluding his head.

kacchan's face tensed and reddened with fury. "let me go, you icy bastard!" he shrieked. "unfreeze me!"

todoroki turned to midoriya who was stood on the corner of the alleyway, his face scrunched up with concern, his eyes glowing worriedly. "u-unfreeze him," midoriya insisted. "he should leave you be."

todoroki turned back to the blonde and sighed. there was only one way to unfreeze him, and that was to use his fire side to melt the ice. seeing midoriya in such a panicked and worried state mentally and physically pained todoroki, and so he gave in. he placed his left palm to the ice. a blaze of fire roared and the ice melted away like ooze into a drain.

kacchan kept an unsteady balance, glaring at todoroki the entire time. his hellfire eyes were burning with fury and rage. "if it wasn't for the fact i'm too cold to blow you up, i would." with that, the hedgehog haired blonde stomped and turned around. todoroki was about to do the same, but the blonde stopped and turned around again. "i realised i never got your name."

"you don't need it, 'kacchan'-kun."

kacchan laughed and threw his hands in the air. "c'mon, you thought that was my name? that's just what deku calls me, for some stupid reason. either way, i'm bakugou. remember me."

"i'd be careful with your words before i have to stop you — again." todoroki's glare hardened and he reddened his fist to threaten him with fire.

bakugou turned away with a tut and stormed off. todoroki turned to midoriya, dropping his hateful gaze and switching to a caring, kind one. "midoriya-kun, are you okay?"

midoriya's trembling continued and he paused, but within a few seconds he muttered, "yes."

"it's about time we got you home," todoroki said nonchalantly. midoriya seemed to pick up on his sudden subject switch with a confused head tilt. "well, as much as i hate to admit it, i just broke the law — using quirks on other's in a brutal way is illegal — and i'm sure with bakugou-kun's explosions people will probably want to investigate."

midoriya nodded, his expression making it obvious he was still uncertain, but he walked with todoroki anyway. there was silence for a few minutes as todoroki's head flooded with thoughts. was midoriya shaken by him? was midoriya scared of him? a pang of regret stabbed his chest and he wanted to say something to midoriya, but the green boy was first.

"thank you, todoroki-kun."

todoroki's eyebrows lifted in surprise. "o-oh, you're welcome. honestly.., i thought you'd be somewhat scared of me after that."

midoriya shook his head and exhaled heavily. "you did it to defend me," he murmured, his voice soft. "not to mention you also brought out your fire quirk just to make me happy. i couldn't be more thankful if i tried. that really means a lot to me, more than you'll ever know."

todoroki wasn't sure what to say for a second, then with a smile, he nodded. "it's nothing, really. i'm happy to help."

"it's not nothing though," midoriya insisted. "you really make me feel great for whatever reason."

"well, in that case, you're very welcome."

midoriya smiled and nodded at the bi-haired boy. "last one to make it to my house wins?"

"unfair-! i could only follow you!"

"better start pacing theeeen!" midoriya laughed and ran ahead.

"wait up!"