town

soon after uraraka arrived wearing denim blue jeans and a white long sleeved sweater, the three left their house and began their walk to town. all the while, despite the fact todoroki was, once again and to no surprise, overjoyed to be by midoriya's side, he was constantly distracted by the slamming of his heart in his chest. was he ill?

when the three reached the town, uraraka raised her arms to stretch. "alright, where to first?"

todoroki snapped out of his daze and focused on the conversation. he noticed midoriya twiddling his thumbs awkwardly, and soon the green boy spoke up. "well, um... there's a new, uh, all might comic out..."

uraraka nodded and glanced towards todoroki. "should we go there first then, boys?"

the bi-haired boy nodded in agreement, his enthusiasm soon returning to him. "sounds good, i'm up for it."

midoriya beamed at todoroki, then at uraraka, his smile contagious to todoroki. "thank you!"

before todoroki or uraraka could insist there was no need to thank them and that he should just have fun, midoriya was already running ahead, and uraraka and todoroki struggled to keep up with the green boy. soon they reached a large all might store named 'all merch', a large all might duplicate on the wall of the building. the bricks were a bright yellow (painted that way of course), and the windows were large, advertising all the all might goodies inside. midoriya's smile somehow grew as he stared into the building.

midoriya raised his fist powerfully, balled up tight. "i promise i will be a hero, even without a quirk!"

uraraka and todoroki glanced at each other. todoroki was uneasy but he bore a smile anyway, yet uraraka's laugh was loud and clear; not in a mocking way, but in a casual joyous way.

the two followed the green boy into the 'all merch' shop and stared in amazement. lines of shelves and tables decorated in all might merchandise displayed themselves clearly, and midoriya was off to the front counter. "comic number 143 please!"

seeing midoriya in his zone pleased todoroki. something about seeing the green boy so happy warmed his heart, but it also made it slam against his chest again. what was that strange feeling? why did he feel so strange?

from the corner of his eye todoroki spotted a desk of all might plushes in his many different suits he owned. he took a step towards them and observed. they were clean and well-made. he checked the tag on an all might plush with a cobalt blue suit, and the tag read, 'this small might is ¥1,100!'

without hesitating, todoroki picked up the plush and turned to uraraka, who was standing in the middle of the shop looking unsure of what to do while waiting for the green boy to finish. "if midoriya-kun comes back, just let him know i've gone to the toiletries, okay?"

"of course!" uraraka's voice was kind and cheery. "don't take too long though, 'kay?"

todoroki nodded and made his way through the shop to the self check out tills. he didn't want uraraka to know, and he wasn't really sure why; he just felt like it was something only him and midoriya would know of at the end of the day. it would be his surprise gift.

he quickly paid for the plush and gingerly placed it in his bag and attempted not to squash it. he patted the bag down gently and made his way back to uraraka, who was now standing with the familiar green boy, a transparent bag slung over his shoulder, the face of all might on the comic pressing against the bag's plastic material.

"i'm back," todoroki hummed.

the green boy turned to todoroki and smiled widely. "hi again todoroki-kun!!"

todoroki waved lightly with a smile and turned his gaze to uraraka. "where to next?"

"we should probably get some lunch," uraraka insisted. "as far as i'm aware, neither of you have had anything to eat, and, quite frankly, i'm starving! my belly is screaming for sushi!"

midoriya widened his eyes and raised his fist. "sushi!"

todoroki chuckled and nodded. "sure, i don't see why not."

the trio made their way to a sushi stand and each grabbed a tray of sushi, the situation including a mess of todoroki's food that he dropped from staring at the green boy in wonder and enjoyment, then getting caught off guard when midoriya noticed and asked if he was feeling okay. the slamming heart was worsened when midoriya offered to share his sushi with him, to which todoroki hastily declined and insisted he was fine without and that he ate right before he left so he wasn't hungry (which was a lie, except he really wasn't hungry anyway, so it didn't matter).

midoriya swivelled his head to look at uraraka, then at todoroki. "any places you two wanna go to?"

todoroki shook his head and pulled out his phone. "i don't mind where we go, i'm just glad i got to come out."

"how did your dad feel about it?" the green boy queried.

"oh, i... more or less snuck out."

"oh?" uraraka butted in, surprised. "why'd you have to sneak? if you don't mind me asking, of course."

the bi-haired boy glanced away from the brown bobbed girl and stuttered, "n-nothing."

the chocolate eyed girl raised her eyebrows for a second, then shook her head. "it's fine, i'm in no place to be so nosy. anyway, as for shops, i'm hoping to find some more clothes."

"a clothes shop we go to then," the green boy said with a nod. "any shop in particular?"

"how about a spree?" uraraka asked cheekily with her index finger pressed to her cheek.

"sure!" midoriya smiled. "you're okay with that too, right todoroki-kun?"

"of course."

"all right, then we're off!"

they made their way into many clothes shops, and soon midoriya and todoroki were sucked into the spirit of clothes shopping as well as uraraka. midoriya picked out a ton of clothes and insisted he would try them on and show them to the others. uraraka and todoroki quickly accepted in enthusiasm, todoroki's heart racing while doing so.

first midoriya came out in a white shirt and black jeans with some large brown boots, but uraraka insisted it didn't go with his personality and that instead he should look for more bright coloured clothing. the green boy rummaged through his pile of clothes, and with a large smile, turned to todoroki. "i've got just the idea!"

with a swift movement, the green boy was gone. todoroki swiped through his phone until he found his art app. he sketched the green boy's face and added extra sparkles to his eyes, but kept his screen out of uraraka's sight. when midoriya pulled open the curtain, todoroki wasn't prepared for what he saw.

fake golden rimmed glasses with mixing tints of pink and yellow glass sat gently on his nose, plus a large pastel pink hoodie with large cat ears on the hood with a small pocket on his chest that a small hot pink laced cat popped out of. positive, nice words such as 'cute', 'gorgeous', 'sunny' and 'bright' went down the sleeves, all in japanese. below the hoodie was a pair of white skinny jeans with pastel yellow stripes on the pockets, and matching all the items were a pair of white trainers with fake splotches of pink milkshake on the tongues.

"how do i look?" the green boy asked.

todoroki paused.

you are not just a green boy, you are an emerald boy. and now i realise what i'm feeling in my chest is my love for you.

"you look... adorable."