coffee

when the end of the school day came around todoroki was relieved to leave. he had been looking forward to seeing the green boy again, he couldn't stop thinking about him and his messy tangles and emerald eyes. he still wasn't too sure why he was so intrigued by the boy, but one thing was certain; he was unique. never had todoroki met a boy with such a personality and bright eyes.

the air was crisp and cold again, a little colder. todoroki's large coat was slung on his uniform and he wore a large red scarf that covered his mouth and nose. his heterochromatic eyes were the only visible features on his face. he stepped outside the school, watching all his schoolmates leave with their lovers or friends. todoroki didn't have time to make friends thanks to his dear old father enji, though he didn't care about them. he cared about meeting the green boy again.

when todoroki reached the street his thoughts instantly switched to the bench he walked past. this was the bench he and midoriya met this morning. who knew having such horrible dreams and a horrible father would lead to him making a friend? a small smile crept onto his face as he remembered their conversation.

"oh, uh, i didn't think anyone would be here."

"o-oh, no, it's fine, assuming you wanted to take a seat-?"

"um, yes. thank you."

and soon the boy had warmed up to him.

"can we meet up at some point during the day? if you're not too tired of course."

"where?"

"kodomonocha café at 6pm?"

"sure! and i love the pun in that café, 'cause, you know, kodomono ocha? kodomonocha? okay, i'll see you at 6pm, todoroki-kun!"

todoroki couldn't help but chuckle lightly to himself. the green boy was certainly amusing, that much was for sure, and he seemed to be super cheery, but then thinking back to when he had claimed his 'mind wasn't being the nicest', it didn't make much sense and todoroki confused himself. whatever it was, he would probably find out.

it didn't take long for the bi-haired boy to reach the café. its walls were a yellowy-golden and the large crystallised windows reached almost the entire front of the café. a large hanging sign from above the doors was a wooden carving of a mug of coffee, and underneath was inscribed, 'café kodomonocha.' through the windows he could see families and friends gathered together inside, sipping cups of coffee, mugs, hot chocolate, whatever they had ordered, and it all looked so peaceful. would it be like that with midoriya? todoroki almost scolded himself for thinking about the green boy so much. midoriya this, midoriya that. but he couldn't help it, he was just so unique and intriguing. todoroki was the moon, dull and dreary and cold, and only doing anything when nobody notices, but midoriya was the sun, a literal ball of sunshine and always warming up his day.

he stepped inside and looked at the clock; 4:22pm. midoriya wouldn't be here for almost two hours, but todoroki arrived a lot earlier as he wouldn't have been able to sit at home doing nothing for so long just sitting there thinking about midoriya. that was all he assumed he would do if it was up to him anyway, enji would have probably forced him to try out using his fire side of his quirk, to which todoroki would have rejected for the millionth time. if that did happen, he probably wouldn't have been in the best of moods when he met midoriya, so it was probably for the best. he didn't want to scare off the green boy.

todoroki walked up to the counter to a female teen with a brown bob and chocolatey brown eyes. her face was somewhat round and her cheeks were a bright pink as if she was always blushing. she was wearing the usual café worker uniform; a white shirt with a coffee-brown apron and black trousers, plus a little light brown cap to add on. her name tag read 'uraraka' upon noticing todoroki was present, she gave a smile that seemed genuine, but knowing the stereotype of café teens, it was probably fake. "how can i help you?"