warmth

"shouto-kun, it's clear these are rigged, so there's really no point in attempting this anymore," midoriya stated gently with a hand on todoroki's shoulder. it was still hard for midoriya to show signs of affection towards todoroki as he wasn't used to being in a relationship, but todoroki seemed to be doing just fine. "you've been attempting this claw machine for half an hour and only grabbed three heroes — those being mt. lady, midnight and ende—"

the boy soon shut himself up halfway through bringing up the endeavour plush. the heterochromatic boy threw the plush away as soon as he grabbed it. he knew he hated his father, so it shouldn't have been a surprise to midoriya at all, but it did. after a few minutes though, the heterochromatic boy was back to his original self.

"it hasn't been half an hour, it's been... twenty eight minutes," todoroki replied with a swift check to his phone. "i'll give this two more minutes, i'm so close to getting the all might plush, see?"

midoriya peered into the machine again, and sure enough, the all might plush was right beside the prize hole. with a worried glance to the heterochromatic boy, he asked, "are you sure you're going to spend this much yen on... me?"

"of course. i love you."

the forest green haired boy blushed a wine red and rubbed the back of his neck. "i love you too, i'm just worried you're wasting it all. i mean, i'm really grateful for all this, but is this not too much of your money?"

"i've only spent 4,600 yen," todoroki chuckled lightly.

(*note: ¥4,600 is equivalent to £32 gbp or $41 usd)

"that's a lot for a plush, isn't it—?" midoriya asked quietly.

todoroki paused for a second and turned back to the green haired boy with a face of confusion, his hands pulling away from the bright blue neon buttons. "...what's up, izuku-kun? you seem really concerned or down about this."

midoriya pressed his nails into his sleeves nervously, glancing away. "i-i just... yes, i love all might, but i... i love you tons more, and, um... i was hoping to do something other than watch you, um, rinse your money on machines when you could be spending it on something else, such as cold soba. these mt. lady and midnight plushes are great too, and i'm really thankful and grateful, you know? i just... you're more huggable and lovable than these plushes."

blush tainted itself onto both the boys' faces (or, midoriya's blush reddened), and in a few seconds todoroki nodded. "i understand, and i'm sorry."

"n-no! don't apologise!" midoriya sputtered, waving his hands around frantically in front of him. "you really haven't done anything wrong! it's just... you know, i want to spend some quality time with you."

almost as soon as he finished, todoroki embraced midoriya in a warm hug, and midoriya's face reddened even more. he wondered how todoroki felt about this, and how he seemed to be so calm through all this affection. "i love you, izuku-kun."

the forest green haired boy smiled gently and buried his face into todoroki's shoulder. "i love you more, shouto-kun."

a few minutes passed with them locked into their embrace, simply because the two loved each other and wanted to stay like that forever. in todoroki's arms, midoriya felt safe and sound, though he couldn't help wondering how todoroki himself felt.

"coffee?" midoriya murmured through todoroki's shoulder.

"sounds good. still remember my favourite flavour of tea or has that fled from your memory?" todoroki teased playfully as midoriya eased out (regretfully) of his arms.

midoriya snickered and placed a finger to his chin. "you really think i'd forget? raspberry, of course, you goof." midoriya turned to the door and looked back at todoroki, waiting for him to follow behind.