tsunami

as soon as todoroki walked through midoriya's door, the green haired boy's heart began to race. his beautiful — stunning — heterochromatic eyes on midoriya, midoriya's forest green eyes on todoroki. there was a moment of silence, sharing smiles between each other, until todoroki finally said, "good afternoon, midoriya-kun."

"good afternoon, todoroki-kun!" midoriya beamed, waving his hands. "c'mon to my room, i need to show you where i put my small might plushie!"

the two shared laughs as midoriya (gently) grasped todoroki's wrist and led him to his room. while he was excited to show him where he placed the small might plushie, he knew that if he was to confess his feelings he would have to do it out of his mother's view. not only would it be embarrassing, but he would feel too scared to ask out the bi-haired boy.

midoriya had been preparing himself all morning; he had put on those same clothes he bought when todoroki called him adorable the previous day, minus the glasses. a large pastel pink hoodie with big cat ears on the hood with a small pocket on his chest that a tiny hot pink laced cat popped out of. positive, kind words such as 'cute', 'gorgeous', 'sunny' and 'bright' were written down the sleeves, all in japanese. below the hoodie was a pair of white skinny jeans with pastel yellow stripes on the pockets. he had attempted to style his hair, but his bush tangled up soon again.

todoroki was wearing a dark grey hoodie with a laced print of ice on his left shoulder. his darker grey skinny jeans matched his white trainers, and midoriya couldn't help but think about how his clothing matched his stormy and snowy eyes like a cocktail of perfection. so... dreamy.

midoriya swung the door open and pulled todoroki beside him on his bed. midoriya leant to his pillows and reached out for his small might plushie and sat it in his lap. "this is really important to me, 'cause, you know, you mean a lot to me, and i love this gift, so whenever i'm sad and i wake up in the morning thinking, what really is the point of getting out of bed, i can turn to small might and say, 'i'll see todoroki-kun', with a smile of satisfaction to myself."

todoroki's head swivelled quickly to face away from midoriya and the green haired boy froze in his place. did he say too much? did that give it away. he was about to apologise when todoroki murmured, "thank you, emerald boy, that means a lot."

emerald boy. he only started saying that yesterday, didn't he? i'm certain that's a positive change.

midoriya smiled to himself and exhaled to calm himself. it was time to unleash his tsunami of a confession.

"u-um, todoroki-kun? can i talk to you about something? face to face, i mean, i want to see your face."

todoroki turned back and smiled at him. "of course, you know you can talk to me about anything."

midoriya paused again, feeling his emotions well up again. his anxiety was slowly bubbling, and suddenly he wanted to forget about confessing. for all he knew, if todoroki rejected him, he would probably leave midoriya forever. he was the pinnacle in midoriya's life, and he didn't want to lose him, not such an important per—

he felt a hand placed on his and his blush rushed to his face quickly. todoroki's hand, of course. with that warmth, he felt calmed, and ready to give the world to him.

"okay, so... i'm really bad at this, but i'm going to be open anyway. we've only known each other since thursday, so this is only our fourth day of knowing each other. since that day, you have made me feel so happy. you have brought more light to my life than i could ever imagine anyone doing, and you've made me the happiest i've ever been since... since i was friends with kacchan."

midoriya's blush was reddening like the richest of rose red wines, but his eyes were glued to todoroki's face. the bi-haired boy's face was slightly red too, his eyes staring into midoriya's, but even though it was a glare, there was clear kindness and caring and affection and gentleness.

"you've allowed me to open up, to be myself, to do what i love. you've defended me, protected me, and you've stuck by my side. i'm really really really bad at admitting my emotions and i'm trying my best, and before i met you i couldn't even hope to try. what i'm trying to say is... todoroki-kun, i'm in love with you. whenever you're around, my stomach flips and i get butterflies, my heart beats faster in my chest, and i always have a blush on my face. todoroki-kun, i love you."

todoroki's dazzling eyes widened in clear shock and surprise, blush stained to his face. he paused, and looked down at his hands as if trying to process something, though it wasn't too much to guess. midoriya knew that he was going to be rejected. todoroki clearly thought he was weird now, and he was going to leave the house now, and probably leave midoriya's life altogether.

midoriya hunched back and twiddled his thumbs. his eyelids drooped, but his blush stuck to his face. "i-i'm sorry, todoroki-kun. i understand if you're disgusted or confused and i'm sorry. i just—"

midoriya was cut off by the warmth of two arms wrap around him. he found himself being hugged gently by todoroki, his head resting on the bi-haired boy's shoulder. trembling in a mix of surprise and relief, he allowed todoroki to continue hugging him — god, he would never even want him to stop. he wrapped his arms around the bi-haired boy in return and smiled into his shoulder.

"t-todoroki-kun, i—"

"i love you too, emerald boy," todoroki interrupted him, his voice gentle and caring. "how could i not, when you've lit up my life just as much? you mean so much to me, and i'm so glad you feel the same. i love you so much, emerald boy."

the two pulled apart, and they spent a minute or two staring into each other's eyes. midoriya was entranced by the heterochromatic boy's eyes, his soft blush, and his soft hands that he gingerly placed his own in. his hands were warm, and he was ever so glad to be holding them. if he was dreaming, he prayed nobody would wake him up. this was a dream come true, and even if he was in a coma, even dying, he would never want to wake up. how could he live without the love of such a beautiful boy's love.

"i love you so, so much, todoroki-kun."

"i love you too, emerald boy."

-

it took 16 whole fuckin' chapters, but they're now dating!! celebrations!!

- rowan