hellfire

after a minute of hugging and enjoying each other's company, the heterochromatic boy looked down at the still clearly terrified emerald boy and said, "are you ready then? i'll hold your hand as we walk past and you can squeeze it however much you want. if he says anything i'll just ignore him, and you should too, but i'll still be here if you don't, okay?"

the emerald boy's face clearly grew grave and he was silent for a few seconds as if he was processing the situation and trying to find his way around. soon he gave a small exhale and turned to todoroki. "y-yes, i'm ready. and i'll take you up on that offer of holding your hand... i-if you don't mind, of course," the emerald boy added with a stutter, his face reddening as he realised what he said.

todoroki nodded and smiled at him gently. "of course."

he held out his hand for the emerald boy, keeping it warm for him. the emerald boy placed his hand in his and exhaled again, nodding to himself. "honestly, i don't know why i'm so worked up over it today. i'm sorry. but i'm glad you're here with me. you really do make me happy, shouto-kun."

the heterochromatic boy felt his heart repeatedly slam against his chest and his face turn a light shade of pink, but his smile remained the same. "there's no need to apologise, and i'm glad i'm with you too."

the boys made their way back to the door, and with the emerald boy's hand tightening on todoroki's, he pushed the door open. unsurprisingly, the spiky haired blonde twisted his neck to see the couple and smirked. "wooow, finally decided to come out."

without making it clear he acknowledged bakugou's presence todoroki continued walking. he could feel the emerald boy's terrified squeeze on his hand and his mild trembling, and silently prayed to himself that bakugou wouldn't see for the emerald boy's sake. unfortunately, however, bakugou did notice and continued to follow them.

"hey, so what the hell is it with you two anyway?" he growled, his hellfire eyes flaming. "are you gay or something?"

todoroki gave bakugou one look, then continued to walk away.

bakugou went to reach for the emerald boy's shoulder, but before he could, todoroki stared him down. it was the kind of stare the emerald boy had never seen before, hardened, serious and threatening. the spiky haired blonde felt uneasy, but not so uneasy that he was gonna give up on the spot. that would ruin both his reputation and his gigantic ego.

the flame-eyed blonde raised his hand and a crackle emitted from his sweaty palm. "okay, look, i'm really not gonna do this shit up town, so just answer my question, fucksticks."

"no." todoroki waited a few seconds before retracting his hardened stare, and with a small gentle smile to reassure the emerald boy everything was going to be okay, the pair walked away.

bakugou's face was filled with anger and violence before he decided to walk away too.

the two were walking for a few minutes, silence between them, and the heterochromatic boy was lowkey concerned that he had managed to scare the emerald boy earlier. he buried his nose into the soft scarf the emerald boy had made himself. so well-made, almost professional, but there was one thing for certain; completely and entirely soft and comfy.

"thank you... again..." the emerald boy trailed off. "you're really good at this." clear terror and fear still displayed itself on his face, and todoroki wasn't sure if it was his fault or bakugou's.

"it's no problem, izuku-kun," the heterochromatic boy promised with a smile, reminding himself to keep his hand warm for him. "i hope you don't mine me asking, though, you still seem terrified... do you wanna talk about it?"

"what if... what if this gives him more of an excuse to find us later-? what if it angered him-?" the words forced themselves out of the emerald boy's mouth, probably a considerable word vomit. "i mean... that's never happened before, of course, i've never had the courage to say that. if anything the most courageous thing i had ever said to him was that he wasn't going to ruin my day... it was actually before we started dating actually... then he blew up all my journals and hero practise for the future. i know it's stupid to want to be a quirkless hero, but..." the emerald boy sighed to himself and stared at the ground. "sorry, i know i'm being a massive downer today. i really wanted this to be a good date and i've gone and messed it up."

todoroki looked down at the emerald boy and smiled that same gentle smile. "you haven't messed it up, i promise. this is just a small incident which isn'y your fault and you have every reason to react like that. bakugou will not come find us later, okay? and if he does we could probably just call the police for stalking. and one last thing... you can be a hero without a quirk, okay? i believe in you. you would save so many lives."

by now, the emerald boy's face held a small but genuine smile as tears threatened to escape his eyes. he nodded and wrapped his arms loosely around todoroki's neck for a hug. "i love you so much, shouto-kun. you are my world."

"i love you too, izuku-kun. now, let's go get some tea."

-

i'm probably gonna have a new note per chapter, isn't that fun?

probably not.

anyways, i wanna thank you all for 1k views on this fanfic!! i really appreciate it, and this fanfic is growing so quickly. this had started off as a little fanfic for me to write in whenever i'm sad, 'cause, you know, writing fluffy stuff always lifts my mood! but soon it became a fanfic for others to read, and i'm proud to say that others enjoy my writing.

also! i'm trying to respond to comments on this because i love talking to you guys, but whenever i try to load up comments, it says it's loading but it never brings up the comments? wattpad is so glitchy lmao

thank you all again for 1k readers, i love you all so much!! <33

- rowan