flavours

the two entered the café, hands intertwined. the talk with kacchan had still left midoriya unsteady, but that small feeling was overpowered and washed away by the warmth of the heterochromatic boy's soft warm hands, his thumb caressing the back of his palm comfortingly. thoughts rushed through his head in tidal waves, consuming all his thoughts. i love todoroki, i love todoroki, i love todoroki, i love todoroki, i love todoroki...

and it was true. he really did love todoroki. he loved todoroki more than he loved anyone in the world.

the two walked to the counter and todoroki cleared his chest. "two raspberry teas please," he said, his voice silkier than actual silk. he placed the yen down on the counter and the worker nodded with a smile. midoriya felt his heart drop when he realised uraraka wouldn't have been working here; this was a differently located café. he had lowkey wanted to see her again and burst about how much he adored todoroki and how much of a saviour the heterochromatic boy was, but alas, he had to stay silent.

"yeah, of course. which table?"

"17, the one in the corner."

"mhm, coming right up."

as the worker turned away to make their tea, the couple sat down at table 17. they sat in silence for a while as midoriya's gaze was locked onto his enchanting eyes. what a handsome man. how did somebody so charming exist? it seemed almost impossible, but this was the forest green boy's proof that it was possible, and he was lucky enough to have his fate lock hands with todoroki's.

"izuku-kun, are you alright? you're red like a chilli."

midoriya snapped out of his trance and internally shook his head at himself. "y-yes! i'm just... astounded-! i love you a ton, you know." midoriya's breath grew shaky as he realised what he had said, a mix of fear but also the adrenaline of a high. all that mattered right now was that todoroki deserved to hear how happy he made midoriya feel, because he probably hadn't heard it enough.

"you're like... you're like my volta. no, you are my volta!"

todoroki paused in movement, narrowing his eyes. "...care to elaborate on what a volta is?"

"o-oh, of course!" midoriya stuttered. "voltas are used in poems. it's when the mood of the poem suddenly changes dramatically, kinda. so, one line of the poem could be awful, and the person could be trapped in total despair, but then in the next line, they find their light which saves them from the trap! you're like that, you're a positive volta. before i met you, as you know, i was honestly kind of... um... suicidal. i didn't know what to do with myself anymore! but then you came in, and... you've changed me. i'm happier than i've ever been and you've helped me realise i am deserving of love. you've made me feel comforted and at home in your arms, and i have never been able to feel such love that i feel for you until now. so... thank you. i really do love you. i love you more than anything-!"

midoriya focused on todoroki, his gaze fixed on his icy stormy orbs, searching for any hint of how he felt it reacted towards that sudden word vomit. "i-i'm so sorry if that sounded weird. i didn't mean to--"

midoriya was cut off by a soft, warm pair of lips pressing against his. his cheeks burned and the butterflies in his stomach grew stronger, and his heart slammed against his chest as if it were about to burst out. the moment seemed to last for an eternity, but at the same time, only a few milliseconds. it was warm, gentle, but passionate and meaningful.

when todoroki pulled back away, midoriya couldn't help but bury his face into his sleeves. would he ever get over a kiss, or would it always give him these butterflies? would it ever fade, or would it always heat up his face?

"hey."

midoriya's attention shot back to todoroki, his face still flushed red. "y-yes, todoroki?"

a gentle smile, yet still a tiny smirk, spread across his soft lips. "how did that feel?"

"l-like a billion butterflies!" midoriya blurted, unable to handle how flustered he was. by now his entire body was somewhat trembly with joy, and he felt like he could cry. this was all he wanted his whole life, somebody to truly love and care for him, and make him feel like he could fly.

todoroki nodded with a chuckle and set his gaze upon his emerald orbs. "my dear emerald boy."
-

I MAKE A RETURN!! AFTER... months. i'm so so SO SORRY AAH!! but i'm back and writing more fanfiction. i'm so so sorry for the wait, updates will be a ton swifter now!

- rowan