protected

midoriya laughed heartily at todoroki's joke and swayed his hands. "alright then, something other than hetero boy! i'll still have to come up with something though."

"take your time," the heterochromatic boy said simply with a smile.

"you make it sound like i'm struggling," the green haired boy gasped and placed his hands on his hips jokily. "todoroki-kun, you are ever so wrong!"

todoroki chuckled and looked away from the midoriya, his heterochromatic eyes out of view. such a shame too, midoriya always found himself caught in the icy hot boy's eyes. his frosty blue eye was a blizzard in the snowiest winter to exist, the grey a stormy day that would pour the harshest of rain, both being oddly beautiful scenes. midoriya swayed sadly, his hand on his cheek.

"well, where should we go to now?" it's about, uh..." todoroki quickly fished his phone from his bag and checked the time. "...5:27pm."

"what? already? the sun will be starting to set soon," midoriya sighed sadly.

the two boys paused, but midoriya could see the heterochromatic boy was deep in thought, digging himself a large ravine in his own mind. before he asked what was up, todoroki's cheeks reddened and he murmured, "we can watch the sunset on the streetlights bench if you'd like..."

midoriya's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as his eyes widened. "that's where we met, so it would make sense, plus the feeling would be one hundred times better..."

there was silence between the two for a few seconds, then todoroki asked, "is that a yes, or—?"

"o-oh, yeah!" midoriya stuttered, scratching the back of his neck, his cheeks reddening.

the two began making their way out of the town and to the streetlights' bench. midoriya wanted ever so badly to reach for todoroki's hand and take in his body warmth, but his fear of weirding out the heterochromatic boy was too much to even think about.

admittedly, midoriya knew he felt some weird spark for the boy. he knew what it was — when todoroki placed his kind gentle hands on his to soothe the boy of his issues and discomforts — but now he was struggling to push the feelings down, and all he wanted was to be in the bi-haired boy's arms, burying his face into his cheeks.

but, midoriya was fantastic at holding in his emotions and feelings. there was no way he was going to let todoroki know about his crush, there was no way, at least, not right now. todoroki had pretty much just confirmed he wasn't straight, but maybe that had meant he liked girls and non-binaries, or maybe just non-binaries alone. he wanted to ask about todoroki's sexuality, but it would have probably been considered suspicious or too much of a nosey question.

it was the same with earlier on in the day when todoroki had called midoriya adorable in his new clothes. that rush of admiration and absolute lovestruck wave soared over him, but he didn't want to ask about the bi-haired boy's feelings incase be was wrong and ruined everything.

love was so hard. why did midoriya have to be the victim of such an enchanting spell?

"midoriya-kun?"

midoriya snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at the tall heterochromatic boy in surprise. "y-yes?!"

todoroki tilted his head and peered down at the green eyed boy. "are you feeling okay? you've been staring at the road for the past few minutes and you've been awfully silent, not to mention your face."

"m-my face?"

"you look as if you're in fear or something."

midoriya glanced away again and scratched the back of his neck. shoot, have i been found out-?! i can't have been! "oh, i'm fine, just got something on my mind."