scarves

after a while of just being comfortable holding each other's hands, todoroki noticed the sparkle in the emerald boy's eyes. affection, gratefulness, and a little bit of relief. no one's smile could be bright, it was brighter than the scorching sun on a hot summer's day in a desert.

"s-so," todoroki stuttered, his blush still tainted on his face. "does this... mean..."

"if you want to," the emerald boy finished. "i'm not gonna make you, obviously."

todoroki leaned in to the emerald boy and planted a kiss on his forehead. "of course i do. i just didn't know if you wanted to."

the emerald boy giggled as he blushed too, wine red imprinting itself on his cheeks. "was that not obvious? i love you a lot... a ton..."

"i guess we're a thing then—?"

"yeah."

the two were silent for a moment, shyness and embarrassment holding their words back. soon todoroki said something that seemed to alert the emerald boy. "shall we go out to town again?"

the emerald boy nodded with a gentle smile. "i-if that's okay with you!"

todoroki chuckled, and suddenly realised they were still holding hands. there was no con to it, but it just seemed wild to him that he was finally at this stage with the emerald boy. such a delicate hand placed in his icy one. todoroki looked to the emerald boy again and replied, "mhm!"

the two stood, unable to take their eyes off each other. todoroki's stomach was filled with manic free butterflies, and he could tell the emerald boy was feeling topsy-turvy too, but in a good way. smiles were plastered onto their faces and the loving emotions never seemed to waft away.

the emerald boy raised his eyebrows and gasped. "should we, uh... invite uraraka-chan-?"

todoroki sighed internally to himself. he was hoping to spend the time alone with the emerald boy, but that didn't seem to be the case—! unfortunately. "if you want to," he replied.

"i... don't," the emerald boy admitted with a chuckle. "i was hoping you'd feel how i did. uraraka-chan is great and all, but i'd prefer if it was just us two... i hope that doesn't sound harsh." the emerald boy began to twiddle his fingers in his hair and mutter to himself, 'was that harsh?', 'am i mean?', 'should i apologise?'

the bi-haired boy placed his hand on the emerald boy's wrist and looked into his eyes. "if you're harsh, i'm a dick."

"t-todoroki-kun!!" the emerald boy sputtered, his eyes widening and eyebrows raising, and, his mouth widening. "i've never heard you cuss!!"

"i-is that a bad thing?!" todoroki stuttered, his eyes widening back.

the emerald boy frantically waved his free hand and closed his eyes. "no no no!! it's fine! i'm just surprised is all, especially after our... 'moment'."

"is that what we're calling it?" todoroki chuckled.

the emerald boy giggled and playfully punched todoroki's arm, and the bi-haired boy couldn't help but laugh too. after a few minutes of laughing at each other's childish antics, the emerald boy decided it was time to leave the house and go to town. midoriya slipped on his pink and white trainers that he had bought the day before, and todoroki slipped on the shoes he had worn to the emerald boy's house.

"o-oh, wait!" the emerald boy stuttered, surprising todoroki. "i'll be right back!!"

before todoroki could say a word, the emerald boy had already zoomed up the stairs and out of sight. smiling to himself at such a childish yet entertaining personality, he couldn't get the fact that he was dating such a perfect boy out of his mind. emerald eyes, forest green hair... and that smile. oh lord, that contagious, gorgeous smile. if possible, todoroki would have framed it — well, he could, he just didn't have any pictures of him — and he would hang it on his bedroom wall. seeing such a smile 24/7 would never allow sad waves to hit him ever again.

something (or someone green) was spotted from the corner of the bi-haired boy's eye and he snapped out of his affectionate thoughts. he was about to say hello to the emerald boy, but he soon enough realised that it was his mother; he never remembered catching her name.

"hello, todoroki-kun," the short plump woman greeted, and todoroki nodded back in greeting. the woman's eyelids lowered a little, but a smile was on her face. "you're good to my baby izuku, aren't you? i notice whenever he comes home lately, he's always smiling."

todoroki raised his eyebrows, surprised at the woman's question. "i try my best, midoriya-san."

the woman nodded and locked her eyes onto the scar around his eye, and a sense of familiarity launched itself onto him. he knew that it was odd to her, and perhaps she was worried about if the emerald boy should be associated with him at all. the bi-haired boy, feeling uncomfortable, averted his gaze from the woman. "i'm sure you're concerned about the scar," he murmured, his eyes still looking in the other direction. "it's okay if you are, most usually do."

"is izuku safe with you?" the woman asked.

his eyes returning to hers that were drenched with worry. "of course. that's a very old scar."

sighing, the woman nodded again. "i'm so sorry about the... questions. i'm very cautious, because... i'm sure you know about those izuku's schoolmates."

todoroki nodded and glanced away from her eyes. "i am aware. please, don't worry ms. midoriya-san. your son is in safe hands."

"i know he is," she said with a larger smile, though there was still a pained expression on her face. with that, she turned away and back into the living room.

almost as if on queue, midoriya came dashing down the stairs with what looked like wool hugged tightly in his arms. he leapt down to the last step, landing somewhat awkwardly. he looked up at the heterochromatic boy with a large smile and handed him a pile of emerald green wool that was in fact a majorly fluffy scarf. "i made this for you yesterday, todoroki-kun! and i made one for myself, but it's an icy blue and a stormy grey, just like your eyes!"

the heterochromatic boy blushed and looked down at the soft woollen scarf in his hands. it was well-made, and it almost seemed like it was made by a professional, aside from what looked like a few pricks where it had caught itself on stuff. without hesitation, he wrapped it around his neck and buried his nose into it. he murmured through the wool, "thank you, midoriya-kun. it's so soft. i love it."

the emerald boy smiled and wrapped his around his neck with that same blushing smile. before the two knew it, they were out of the door in a fit of giggles and chuckles.

-

hey! me again!

this chapter is SUPER late, i know, but i am really trying my best! some personal stuff came up, as well as schoolwork. but i should be back with daily updates! :D

- rowan