Starting

"So, how are we gonna steal that toupee?" Rose asked, and the moment the word "toupee" came out of her mouth she and Daphne burst out in hysterical fits of laughter.

    "They're on a high," Amita whispered to Debbie in explanation. 

    "Oh. Right." Debbie answered, meaning to laugh, but when she turned her head she caught sight of Lou instead, and her smile faded to a frown. Lou was usually so sarcastic and upbeat right before a big robbery, but this time her face was like a cloud thick with unshed rain: Gloomy, dark, heavy.

    She didn't have time to worry about Lou. 

    "Okay, listen up, Ladies," Debbie said, turning to the rest of the group. "We have thirty minutes before we have to leave for the airport, and we have to all be clear on how this is gonna work. We are going to steal the President's wig, and we're gonna make sure we do it in front of a lot of people, too. We are going to pose as reporters. This you see here--" Debbie said, pulling out a pen, "--Is actually a little hook that will shoot out and grab Trump's hair when you press the end, like a ballpoint pen, the hook will leap out with a string attached to it, and then you just yank it back like a fishing thing."

    "Sweet," Amita said, still chuckling.

    "So we're just gonna steal from him to humiliate him?" Lou asked without looking at Debbie. What's with her?

    "Yep." Debbie looked pointedly at Lou to try to catch her eye, but Lou was fixed on staring at Rose's blouse.

    "ALRIGHT!!" Nine Ball screamed, jumping up and down with excitement. "Let's go let's go let's go!!!" She really hated Trump.

    "Wait wait wait." Tammy interrupted, shaking her head. "Is our point to let them know who stole the wig? Or do we have a cover up?"

    "Always the logical one," Lou remarked with a smirk. Debbie felt a sharp pang of jealousy. That was Lou's special smirk for her. The playful one that sent a tingle throughout her entire body. Lou was just giving it out to random people now?

    God, why is everything so stupid today? Debbie thought, pushing the feeling away. Probably because her plan was stupid. Stealing the president's wig. That's pretty stupid. 

    "Well, with a bit of luck, whoever has the wig is going to flick it down so it's on the floor. They pass it to me, and then I will shove it into my bag. It's gonna be pretty easy." Debbie answered.

    Tammy raised an eyebrow. "Debbie, what's gotten into you? You've always had everything so well thought-out, and then now you're talking about luck and taking us all to Washington, D.C. to steal a freaking wig."  

    "Just for fun. Remember that. Y'all have been holed up in your own serious lives, and this is a way to downwind."

    "I still don't understand that if we're just gonna have fun, we won't just go to a--a casino or a bar." Rose grumbled with a hiccup.

    "Guys, we can't have highs on this trip." Debbie said.

    "It'll wear down. They only had like two shots each." Amita replied.

    "Alright then, let's go!!" Nine-Ball yelled.   

    "What are we going by?" Constance asked, shifting her bag from one shoulder to another.

    "Train." Debbie replied simply. "We're going to get our costumes when we get to Washington, D.C."

    Rose giggled and began to walk after the others, only to crash into a pillar. 

    "Oh my God," Tammy groaned, grabbing Rose by the arms and dragging her out the door like Rose was a criminal. 

    "If you guys are all ready to go and stop giving yourselves concussions, we have twenty minutes to get our asses into the train station." Debbie said.