Finding Constance

A/N: This just got tense as shit...

Debbie's heart stopped.

    The seven of them, standing in various places, listened intently for more information, but after the last words all they could hear was the crackling of static.

    "I'm disconnecting the earpieces. Meet at the limo." Nine Ball said, and the static stopped.

    "No, wait, what about the wig?!" Daphne hissed.

    Debbie sighed. "It'll have to wait, I'll think of something else soon."

    Daphne looked disappointed at the prospect of cancelling her favorite part of her plan, but though she was childish, she wasn't selfish, the the disappointment quickly evaporated into concern.

    Soon they had all managed to sneak out from the chaos of the auditorium and met back at the limo, which doubled as a truck with a few adjustments. 

    All talking at once, they drove to the back of a hardware store, and Nine Ball pressed a couple of buttons and yanked at some levers, and with a jerk, the limousine shape-shifted into a large, inconspicuous van.

    "Never failed me," Nine Ball said, and she slammed her foot down on the accelerator. 

    "We need to find out where Constance is, if you can turn the earpieces back on." Debbie said.

    Nine Ball swerved into an abandoned alleyway and pulled over, then activated the earpieces once again. At first they were met with static, then they could hear each other plainly.

    "Constance, you there?" Nine Ball said.

    No answer.

    "Constance." Debbie said, her heart beating harder and harder as every second passed. What if it was too late? What if she was dead? How could they lose their most skilled pickpocket and friend?

    "Constance!" Amita begged, close to tears.

    They waited a minute or so longer, then heard some static on Constance's end.

    "I'm tied up--garage--held over explosives--I don't know where I am--was blindfolded--I think I'm out of the city--"

    "Oh God," Rose said.

    "Constance, can you use--oh!" Nine Ball gasped. "Wait, I have something useful. Tell me when you feel something hot in your eyes. I'm about to insert a little camera tracker onto your corneas digitally."

    The rest of them waited with tense apprehension, hardly daring to breathe, while Nine Ball pulled up a little profile image of Constance, zoomed in on her eyes, and dragged a little flashing icon onto each of them. 

    "I felt it." Constance said.

    "Okay, I'm turning on the camera now..." Nine Ball said, with another tap of the screen, and the camera opened on it through Constance's eyes.

    At first it was a little blurry, but soon they could see a dark garage, and since they were seeing from Constance's view, they could only see a small section of the garage, because of the binding Constance was in.

    "Wait, can you turn your head a little to the left?" Lou asked, and Constance obeyed.

    They could see a man who had his back turned to them, and in the background a they could hear a distinct ticking sound, which was obviously the timer for the explosives.

    Suddenly, a stream of red dripped down over the camera, blocking their vision completely with its thick crimson sheet.

    "What was that?!" Daphne screeched.

    "Sorry," Constance muttered, "that was blood."

    Daphne nearly fainted dead away, and Rose made a little sympathetic whimper. "Poor Constance..."

    "Okay, I'm removing the cameras." Nine Ball said. Her face was expressionless, but they could all feel her concern and fear.

    Debbie reeled back and flopped down into her seat, breathing heavily. "Oh Jesus." She said. "Oh fucking Jebus."

    "What? What is it?" Lou asked, coming to her side in half a second.

    Debbie closed her eyes, then opened them again. "The good news, I know where Constance is. The bad news...I...We are going to have a little meeting with my ex."