The Sacrifice

"Turn this way. To the left. Yeah."

    As they neared their dreaded destination, Debbie's heart beat faster and harder with every inch closer they got, and Lou's grip on her hand tightened; she knew how much Debbie had been hurt by Claude, and she couldn't imagine what it must be like to have him threaten one of her best friends.

    "Okay. We're here. Let's do this." Nine Ball said, exhaling softly.

    "It's gonna be fine." Lou whispered to Debbie as they got out, but both of them new it wasn't true.

    "He's in the garage." Debbie said to the rest of them. "Tammy, I want you to see if you have anything to pick a lock with, everybody look for something to pick a lock with, okay? We're all gonna be very quiet, very quiet--"

    "Deb." Lou said, gripping her arm. "You're pale. Let me take care of this, you're going through a lot..."

    "ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS TIED UP OVER A BUNCH OF TIMED EXPLOSIVES AND SHE'S FUCKING BLEEDING FROM THE HEAD LIKE BLOOD IS FUCKING POURING INTO HER EYES SO DON'T TREAT ME LIKE A THERAPIST PATIENT BECAUSE I JUST LET ANOTHER WOMAN GET HURT BY THAT BASTARD." Debbie exploded, her voice ringing through the still air entwined with sobs.

    A moment of stunned silence, then Nine Ball spoke up. "Uh...He would have heard that."

    "He's in the fucking garage. He wouldn't hear shit." Debbie snapped, and stormed off, leaving them to follow her.

    Timidly, Lou picked the lock for the garage door, and they carefully rolled it up without too much noise. Despite Debbie's bitter mood and their fear, they couldn't help but feel proud of themselves for pulling that off with hardly a peep.

    There was no one in the actual garage, but Debbie knew where Constance really was, and she beckoned them to a stack of boxes and they pushed them aside, revealing an almost-invisible door. Lou hesitated, wondering if there was a special way of opening this door, but Debbie harshly demanded, "well what are you waiting for?" At her and she hastily picked the lock for that door, too.

    It opened to a pitch-black staircase, and carefully, with Debbie leading the way, they felt their way down. Rose brought up the back, and carefully closed the door, enveloping them all in complete darkness. 

    And then they arrived. 

    Immediately, they saw Constance, suspended by a rope hanging from the ceiling, tied up so tight they could almost feel her difficulty in breathing, and blood streamed down in a gruesome scarlet sheet from a gash in her forehead.

    "Constance!" Nine Ball gasped, and so unusual was the sound coming from her that even Debbie was surprised.

    Constance said nothing, but her blood-covered eyes flitted to the other direction, urging them to look to their left.

    And there was Claude Becker.

    He had his back turned to them, but they could hear him muttering to himself. Somehow, Nine Ball's exclamation went unheard by him, or even more frightening, he had heard it, and simply chose to ignore it for extra effect. Debbie had this in her mind and it turned out to be right.

    "Well, well!" Claude said, turning at last, before any of the women could make a move. "Now we have the whole audience. Excellent. Or, shall I say, team? Have you come to watch your little friend get blown up, or have you come to die with her?" With a cock of his head.

    "You...you bastard!" Debbie growled. "What's Constance done to you! Haven't you had enough with me?!"

    Claude merely laughed. "Aw, look at this fun. Can't you see, little Debbie? The game we're playing? I land you in jail. You get out. You land me in jail. I get out. It's my turn now, to land you somewhere a little worse. That's right! I've upped my game." With that, he threw back his head and laughed so maliciously it was almost like a cackle instead.

    "NOW!" Lou roared, and leaped from where she was standing by Amita and attacked Claude, a little knife in her hand, unsheathed.

    Claude was ready for this, and kicked her back, hitting her stomach, the force knocking the air out of her and propelling her to the opposite wall. 

    Rose snarled and took a nearby stool. She charged for Claude while Lou jumped back to her feet and rushed to Constance. Debbie joined Rose and Daphne in trying to wrestle down Claude, and out of the corner of her eye she saw Lou sawing at the ropes as fast as she could. 

    "YOU LITTLE BITCHES!" Claude howled, as Rose landed a successful blow on his face with a "ha!" of triumph.

    Debbie was not strong, but she was nimble and graceful, so she was able to twist behind the thrashing Claude and pin his arms behind his back.

    Rose continued to beat him with the stool until he was quite senseless, and Debbie rolled her eyes and ordered Rose to hold him while she got the duct tape. 

    "IN FIVE MINUTES, THIS...THESE...THINGYS ARE GONNA BLOW." Lou announced, frantically cutting at the binds.

    Debbie did not answer, but managed to wind the tape around Claude's wrists and knock him out with a final blow.

    "FOUR MINUTES!" Lou shouted, only halfway finished with Constance's bounds. 

    Amita, Daphne, and Rose were at the bombs, trying to deactivate it, but to no avail. 

    "HOW DO YOU TURN THIS THING OFF?!" Daphne screamed as four minutes lapsed into three.

    "I GOT IT!" Lou yelled, pushing Constance into Nine Ball's arms. "GO! RUN!"

    Debbie gathered up the almost-unconscious Constance from Nine Ball and the women rushed for the stairs, but the timer went crazy at this moment and started to bleep like a lunatic. Random blasts erupted from the center of the pile of explosives, and shot at the staircase, threatening to shoot the entire thing out and trapping them.

    "GO GO GO!!!!" Lou screeched at the hesitating women. "I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!"

    "LOU YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!" Daphne screamed from the stairs. Lou was still at the mound, the kick Claude gave her had apparently broken her ribs and she found it near impossible to breathe, let alone move.

    "I'M COMING!" Lou gasped, and Debbie saw blood seep through her shirt through her fingers where she was clutching her ribs.

    "Five seconds," The robotic voice of a women's announced from the timer.

    Lou tried to drag herself away, but she merely stumbled mid-step and fell. Debbie was holding Constance, the rest of them were halfway up the stairs, there was nothing anyone could do...

    "GOOO!!!!" Lou screamed, and that was the last they heard of her before racing up the stairs and bursting into the garage and running, tears blurring their visions, as the entire house exploded in a giant cloud of fire and smoke just as they reached the truck and climbed in to safety.

    "LOU!!!!!!!!" Debbie's ungodly howl echoed in the air.