Moving On...?

A/N: You guys are so great, thank you for the 1.5K reads!! 
So I have theater camp starting tomorrow so I doubt if I'll be able to update as frequently over the next 5 weeks, so I'm gonna make this chapter kind long-ish. Love you guys! And I hope things will get better for Loubbie, too! <3

Tammy woke up to find her pillow moist under her cheek. For a moment she was confused, then remembered how hard she'd cried the night before.

    It had been three months since she'd left the group, but the last night she had received a text from Constance on the group chat:

    Where are ya'll at? Miss u guys can we meet soon?

    One thought led to another and she had turned off her phone before she could see what the others replied.

    She'd always despised Lou in secret. Not because Lou was mean to her or anything, but merely because of the fact that it was freakin' evident that she had a crush on Debbie. The way Lou would look at their leader sometimes made her skin crawl. She had always found comfort in thinking that Debbie had no feelings for Lou, but three months ago on that horrible night had turned it all over.

    Ever since she first met Debbie, she knew she loved her. She was married; she had children, but men always was never a good match for her and her husband was hardly home anyway; so large were the gaps in between the times he was home that she had begun to suspect he was seeing another women. Debbie, with her cool gaze and flowing brown hair. Debbie was the love of her life, and Lou had fucked it all up.

    But now, with Lou dead, Tammy felt a little guilt for having hated her so much. Lou was always kind to her and she had met it with cold indifference. A part of her wished she could apologize, and that the only reason for her meanness was that both of their hearts belonged to the same woman, and now she would never tell her. 

    Tammy sighed. Perhaps a walk around the city would clear up her mind, maybe take her ever-energetic kids to Central Park to run around and play in the snow...

    No. Her heart and mind were too muddled. She would tell her husband, who was home for a change, to take them out later. 

    The time was six in the morning. No one at home would be awake anyway. Tammy got out of bed, promising herself she would be back by seven-thirty.

~

    The air was crisp and icy, and to be honest, that was just the way Debbie liked it. She was out of Boston and back in New York City, as she knew she would be eventually. 

    She remembered that day when she and Lou were walking, side by side, to the Met, the day when all her plans unfolded to Lou. Debbie scowled and shook her head. No thoughts of Lou, hadn't she cried enough last night?

    Central Park. She could rely on that place to have some serenity. She turned her direction for the trail, where the trees were thick and air thick with peace. 

    "D-Debbie!"

    Debbie turned, slightly annoyed. God, what did it take here to have some quiet, alone time--

    "Tammy?!" 

    Debbie's eyes widened as she saw Tammy walking at a quick pace toward her on the street. Her hair was somewhat disheveled, in a stylish way, so that it flowed around her face. Her cheeks were red, but from the cold or something else, Debbie could not tell.

    "Hi." Tammy said breathlessly, reaching the shocked Debbie and giving her a tentative stroke on the arm. "How have you been? Are you okay? I heard the group broke up?"