Chapter 11

We reached his house and I get out, relief flooding through my body at the thought that I can go sit in my room and ignore him for the rest of the night. I head for the door and after pushing the door handle I can feel my cheeks heating up with irritation. He unlocks the door and I walk in.

"Karla." I don't stop or acknowledge the fact that he calls me. Instead I make it headstrong to my bedroom and intend to close the door, but a foot stops me. I sigh and lean my head against the door.

Dammit, he's fast.

"Listen to me." He says and pushes himself inside of my room, "I am sorry about what happened in the car," He apologizes, "but that was serious business and I could've lost money." He talks to me as if I was a child. I just shrug. What money? How is it "serious" if you do it next to a busy road?

"Karla." He steps forward and I could feel the heat of his body. I swallow and look anywhere but at his handsome face. "Talk to me," he asks, "before I kiss you." His words makes my breath hitch and I stare at him wide eyed. He can't be serious. This fucking asshole is bipolar!

I cross my arms and huff, "Stop confusing me and get out of my room!" I snap and push him away, but he doesn't budge. Dammit. "You're bipolar!" I let out and I am literally fuming. "You tell me one thing, but do another thing!" I explode and push harder, but still nothing. Angry tears start to pool in my eyes. 

"Karla." I look up and feel like slapping him. He's staring down at me with amusement! "Can you just listen to me and stop being stubborn?" He smirks. I don't understand him. He honestly drives me insane! I can't keep up with him anymore. 

"No."

He stares at me for a brief moment then steps forward. He cups my cheeks in the palms of his hands and leans down, his eyes searching my face. When he's so close to kissing me, I pull away. The shock is evident on his face as he stares at me. I look away.

"Can you please leave now?" I whisper and cross my arms, ignoring his gaze. The idiot got me under a spell, but I refuse for it to take its toll on me. I won't allow it. I hear him sigh and then the door click shut. Only then did I look up at the door. I stare for a long time at the closed door, before making my way to the drawers.

I grab a fresh set of underwear and think about tonight. My years of being a rich girl who never even knew about gangs and handsome Italian guys seems so far away now. My job, my simple journalism career, seems like a dream now. My apartment that took my months to get, seems so unreal. The only thing that feels very real is my father's death and the fact that a very fucking handsome man just tried to kiss me and I stopped him.

I rests my palms on the drawer and lean forward with my head bowed down. I am so fucking stupid. What would papa have said if he knew that Carlo almost kissed me? Would he have been mad at Carlo or at me for stopping him? Carlo seems like he is a favorite in the gang. Did papa want me to get with a guy like Carlo?

I shake my head and walk towards my bags. Some of my things is still in it. I grab my fluffy pair of pajama pants and pull it over my legs. My world seems so different now. Like a movie. I am living with a...a..rebel! An outcast. Someone so far away from reality. A man who doesn't wear a tux to an office or to a meeting, but to a killing spree. A guy who sells who knows what and would probably kill if he doesn't get his deal of the bargain.

I grab a tank top and pull it over my head. He is very attractive. So attractive that I feel claustrophobic when he is too close to me and to make things even more weird is that he is willing to kiss me. Me?

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. He is still in my head. He won't get out and my brain is running wild. His lips. His eyes. His back muscles. His scowl.

Oh...papa what is happening?

(Edited.)