Chapter 16

The cottage.

I feel the uneasiness in my stomach.

If I am correct, wasn't Carlo's father also a gangster? And wasn't all gangsters against each other? Like enemies? What if it is a trap? What if they had captured my uncle and it is Carlo and Ricardo who is actually the bad guys along with their father! I feel nauseous with all of these thoughts.

I hear their footsteps walking and sprint to the kitchen. I still feel uneasy, but I grab a rusty pan from the cupboard and hold it out protectively. If they want me dead, they'll have to get through this pan.

Carlo rounded the corner, Ricardo not far behind. I think of ways to confront them. I could just yell "I KNOW EVERYTHING IDIOTS, YOU WON'T GET ME!" and laugh maniacally before running away, or I could use the calm way and be like, "So, you thought I wouldn't figure it out?"   

I am still debating on a way to confront them, when I hear my name. I look up to the handsome face(what? I am about to smash it to pieces, might as well admire it before it's ruined) of Carlo as he and Ricardo smiles amusingly at me. Yeah, I know your secret and both of you are going to suffer.

I raise the pan threateningly and glare at each one of them, "So, you thought I wouldn't figure it out?" Yup, going for the calm way, even though I want to run for my life. And it isn't very calming, the damn voice is shaking.They seem confused and look at each other before looking back at me, "What?" They asked in unison and I would've awed if I wasn't this mad. "You psychopaths kidnapped my uncle! Yeah, I heard you!"I yell and raise the pan higher.

"Whoa! You got the wrong idea!" Ricardo immediately jumps in and slowly moves his hand forward towards the pan. Wrong move, idiot. I whack his hand with the flat side of the pan and he yelps before retreating it to his chest, where he cradles it like a baby. "Do you know how hard a damn pan hits?!" He yells and I raise my brow. He is gangster, but can't handle a pan?

"Are you telling me, the guy, who is in a gang where guns and knives are a prized weapon, is he crying because a girl had hit him with a pan?" I ask slowly and Carlo seems to be holding in his laugh. "It's not the same, dammit!" Ricardo growls and gives a warning look to Carlo, who quickly turns his face straight, but his eyes are gleaming with amusement. 

"And we're not fucking gangs!" He glares at me. "It's called a Mafia. We prefer Mafia." He corrects me and I just stare at him. The pan is still tight in my grip.

"Let me explain what you heard, since you seem to be too curious for your own good," Carlo says slowly. I lower the pan and put it down on  the counter, "Okay, I am listening." I hop up on the counter and Carlo just shake with his head with a sly smile.