Chapter 31

We stopped in front of the police station. I was beyond ready to strangle the asshole who murdered my father and Carlo was the one trying to calm me down my drawing lazy circles on my hand.

I don't know what or who I suspected when I entered through the doors of the station. I don't know if I was even ready to face the person who took my most beloved person away from me. But I was ready to take this step and get the people of my back who has been hunting me down for my money. My father's money. I am ready for my life to go back to normal.

The police chief came to greet us. Unlike the movies and their cliché way of putting the police chief, this one was rather handsome and not the bald fat man that ate too much doughnuts. "Good afternoon." He smiled and Carlo shook his hand, "Karla Winter?" He looked at me and I gave a nod. "Follow me." And I did. It was a short way of greeting someone, but this was just business.

He took us to a room, a silver room. In this room was the one person I never thought I would ever see in a room like this. She wasn't wearing her usual fancy clothing and her hair was a complete mess. She wasn't even wearing any make-up.

This woman was not my mother.

"Karla." She gave me a tight smile when I took my seat, Carlo had refused to leave my side and the chief didn't push matters any further when he gave his famous cold glare. "Hello, Mother." I snarled and she looked taken back by my tone. "You thought I wouldn't have noticed that you were the one who committed this crime?" I asked her and her eyes widened. I know that there is a sound proof glass window that looks like a mirror behind me, where every cop is watching and I know about the camera as well.

"It was a mistake to send your precious lover after me. It was mistake to let him spill the news out like that." I leaned back in the chair and I watched her carefully. Her eyes looked at Carlo and back at me. "I.." She stuttered and tried again, "I was blind, sweetie. Blind with pain and heart ache." She reached for my hand, but I pulled away and scoffed, "More like greed, Mother dear."

"Let me get this clear, Mother." I snarled, "You realized that Papa was going to leave you." I glared at her, "And you were use to his money. Your lazy ass didn't want to find a job, because you enjoyed living off of his money, and after finding out that you won't be getting any of it and he gave it all to me and left you nothing. You were furious. You want me dead, am I right Mother?" She stared at her hands and finally met my gaze, "Yes, I wanted you dead."

"The little spoiled brat that you are always ruined my life! Even at your birth your father wanted to divorce me and take you with him. You and your brother, even though little Clark wasn't even close to being your father's favorite as you were. Then you had the nerve to tell your father about my letter, and that's what brought up the goddamn divorce again!" She growled and slammed her hands on the table. I felt Carlo's hands on my shoulders and felt a little less tense.

"Well," I stared her down, "I am sorry to tell you this, but you ruined your own life."

I stood up and left the room, the police didn't bother to talk to me again as Carlo and I made our way back to his car. "Let's go home, princess." He whispered into my ear when he opened the passenger side's door. I felt the butterflies and relief when the truth sank in....I am finally saved.

_______________________________________________________________________________

2 months later

Carlo's arm was wrapped around my middle and his other arm disappeared into the pillow under his head while he was snoring away. I smiled and stretched to grab my new cell phone that I got for myself. I took it as an opportunity to quickly snap a picture of us. (Couple goals!!)

A text came through while I was searching for the perfect filter. It's from Clark and it is a very cute picture of their little baby boy, he is almost barely 10 weeks old. I smiled and replied with a kissing emoji. The sound of little feet running down the hall made my smile turn into a full blown grin when Adora came running into the room.

"Daddy! Wake up! It's time for breakfast!" She yelled excitedly, diving on the bed and crashing on top of Carlo's back. He had finally gotten custody over his little angel and she had accepted me as her step mommy. I felt proud. A groan from Carlo made her giggle and she squeezed herself between the two of us.

"I had the most wonderful dream!" She exclaimed and dived right in to tell me about her unicorn and princesses dream. It has been two months after my mother was arrested.

In this two months Carlo and I had stepped into a serious relationship, Ricardo had gotten the perfect girl, Beth had found herself a wonderful home with her husband, Clark's baby was born and we had gotten custody over Adora. I never thought that I would see the day that I would fall in love with a complete rebel, but I must say....I don't regret it one bit.