Chapter 17

It was hard to believe and comprehend what I just heard. 

"What?" I asked again, just to make double (more like the millionth time) sure I heard right. Carlo sighed and Ricardo sank his head in his hands. "Okay, we got a message from m-our father," I didn't miss the look Ricardo shot him there, "Where he told us that he knows who is after you, well, not know exactly, but he has clues. The reason why we moved was because the last text we got from Sam was where he had warned us to move. People, we do not know who, was starting to target my house." Carlo explained further. I won't admit it out loud, but when he is serious I just love the tone of his voice. 

"Sam was kidnapped, more like taken by force. When I arrived at his house the entire place was ransacked. Nothing was in place like we know Sam and everything was broken or scattered. There wasn't much missing, except for papers." Ricardo explained further and Carlo watched me closely, I knew what he was waiting for. The tears, the crying, the demanding. 

"What papers?" I asked calmly, because Carlo wasn't there at my father's funeral. I didn't cry there, I won't cry now. After that guy tried to kill me afterwards, my tears ran dry and my heart turned cold. I am in danger, I should always be on defense and ready to attack, not cry.

"The papers that proves how much your dad had left in your will." I was surprised, nobody knew that, "How much?" I whispered. Once I know how much was left in my will, maybe then I will understand why everything is so serious. Why I had to leave my job, my apartment, my life and go on the run from someone who I still don't know who or what they are. It's already almost two months that I have been away from home, I have probably already lost my job for all I know.

His answer felt like a bullet, "I don't know for sure, it could be millions." He stared at me, "Billions even."