Chapter 22

The Cottage

We're all seated in the living room, Alexander is making a call and Brian has went to the car to fetch something. My cheek is still burning. It's well past 2:00 AM and Ricardo still haven't said a word. He's leaning forward with his elbows on his legs and Carlo's leaning forward with his head in his hands. I know that he is most likely worried about missing his little girl's birthday.

Alexander makes his way back to us and sits down next to me, resting his hand on my thigh. I regret wearing my pajama shorts now. "Take. Your. Hand. Off. Me." I say slowly through clenched teeth and he smiles sickly at me, "Your mother says I have a lovers touch." I feel disgusted. This man is more than a criminal. He's a fucking pervert.

"You heard her, take your hands off her." Ricardo speaks up calmly and Carlo's glaring daggers at Alexander. "What is this? A lover's triangle?" Alexander laughs and looks at me, "My, my, I never thought of you as such a player!" I don't say anything. Ricardo just looked away and I feel completely confused. Lovers triangle? "You are more like your mother, you know?" His words causes some sort of anger to pulse through me. "Excuse me?" He leans back against the sofa. "I said, you are just like your mother. Playing with a guy's-" And that's when I snap. I stand up and grab hold of his throat. It all happened so fast that I didn't know what I was doing, but I didn't stop either

My grip tightens around his throat and my nails digs into his skin. "I told you to take your hands off me, but just like any man you won't listen." I growl out, but someone grabs hold of me and rips me off of him just when he started clawing at my hand and his face was turning blue. I am thrown of him and landed hard on the floor, but before I could get back up someone grabs my hair and pulls me up roughly. I cry out in pain.

"Let her go!" I fall back down and the grip on my hair is gone. I hear a loud thud and look to my side where Carlo had tackled Brian to the ground. He is punching him repeatedly in the face and Ricardo had stand up. I see the gun in his hands and he points it to Alexander, who was still trying to catch his breath.

"Call whoever you had called and told them you lost us, and then you go back to Madeleine and tell her that we are coming, on high speed." He talks calmly and I stand up. I am a bit shaky. I haven't seen Ricardo this serious before and it scares me. He is so calm in such a situation. I try to suppress the thought of him killing hundreds of people before the age of twenty. Their father doesn't sound like someone who has mercy.

"I can't!" Alexander sputters and looks at me, "They're already here." I feel my knees get weak. I need to escape. I look at the back door and just then I hear a car engine at front, doors slamming and the my heart pounds in my ears. I decide to run. I ignore the calls of Carlo and Ricardo, begging me to stop. I just run out the door and straight to the woods.

The highway isn't far from the woods. Get help.

(Edited.)