17

Eve motions for them to step back into the shadows. She's in a nook but she's not sure how well she's hidden, but she doesn't intend to remain that way for long.

She holds a gun to the head of the man that comes down the corridor they currently are going up. "Hold your gun out slowly."

"Fuck it's the blind bitch holding the gun," the man smirks and refuses to do as she says.

"The same bitch that just killed your boss in the cells. Perhaps you might want to listen to me." Eve says coldly. This is one of the men that liked to torment her. "You know what? Never mind you're another one I'll enjoy ending."

This gets the man to turn white. "He's holding out his gun holding onto the barrel, Eve." Zachary tells her.

"Pity, I was just about to shoot." Eve takes the gun and motions for him to help Zachary with Dave. "Hold Dave up. Zachary check him out for more weapons." She hears the man start cussing under his breath.

Eve looks towards him amused, "Blindness doesn't equate with stupidity. You should be thankful, since otherwise you'd be dead."

The silence she's met with makes her think they don't understand her meaning. "You'd be dead if I didn't see a greater need for your help. Personally it will be a joy to kill you after all you've done to me over the years. Your usefulness to me will determine the length of your life. Capire?" She's not sure if that's even the right way to say what she wants but she figures the man understands her enough.

"He's nodding his head and has taken some of Dave's weight." Zachary says softly, not wanting to draw more attention to them than they already have.

Eve has already heard the sound that Zachary is nervous about happening.

"Stop and throw down your weapons or you're dead," Eve says conversationally.

"That's not really necessary is it, Eve?" Leo says amusement heavy in his voice. Here they are to rescue the boss and Eve and Eve has the boss and Zachary and another enemy with her leading the way out of the warehouse.

"Leo? What the fuck took you all so long?" Eve demands crossly. She hadn't recognized his footsteps. "You damn near got shot for hiding your footsteps like you did."

Leo smirks, "If I hadn't others of the Italians would have heard me and shot me even sooner. Personally I liked my odds against you, you'd at least have done what you did or given a warning shot. The Italians wouldn't have."

"Shut up, Leo," Eve says but it's with more affection than what she's given Dave. She still has yet to touch him physically since he's been freed.

"I need your eyes, I have the ears part covered."  Leo snickers at her for her mocking of herself.

He moves silently past Eve and looks to find a way to get out. He quickly ducks back. He pushes Eve down and the others follow his example. Just before a small explosion goes off Zachary covers Dave's body.

"Thanks, if you hadn't come then we'd all be dead." Eve says dryly. She brushes herself off before she hears Leo cursing. "What is it?"

"Zachary, he placed himself over the boss. His body protecting the boss. He's covered in shrapnel. He's dead, Eve." Leo is shocked. Zachary was a traitor, why would he save the boss's life like that.

"Dave?" Eve demands from her boyfriend.

"Yes, Eve?" Dave is still reeling from everything that's happened since Eve came into his cell.

"You'll give him honor, you hear me?" Eve demands.

"He's a fucking traitor," Leo tries to argue with Eve.

"He just fucking saved Dave's life and he didn't have to. He'll not be remembered as a traitor, will he Dave?" Eve demands even as tears fall.

"He'll not be remembered as a traitor, Eve. He could have taken the easy way out far sooner. He deserves the honor."

"Thank you," Eve murmurs before turning her attention to the way ahead of them.

"Just don't expect me to do anything like that," the Italian warns getting up and hauling Dave up beside him under Leo's cold stare.

"I think we should wait here, for our friends to come to us. There a fucking lot of those damn Italians between us and the door." Leo tries to reason with Eve.

Eve thinks about it. "Very well, help Dave get comfortable." Once she's sure that Leo is away from the Italian she takes her gun and shoots him in the leg.

At his swearing, "Oops, sorry I'll have to aim higher. My mistake."

She fires again. "You hit his shoulders and knocked him down." Leo says in a conversational tone. "Was that your intent?"

"Yes, of course. Check him and put pressure on his wound. That bastard has far more to suffer before I'll let him escape into death."

Leo hesitates and Dave looks towards her sharply, "Eve?"

"That's one of my main torturers. I can still feel his hands on me and it makes me sick."

Leo's face takes on a look of being furious, "When we get back to the estate the doctor will patch him up then take him to the cells." Dave orders Leo as Leo moves to take care of the downed man.

"I don't know how you could place the shot like that, Eve." Leo says as he puts pressure on both wounds.

"He's just fucking lucky, actually. I didn't want to kill him, but wasn't sure if I missed all the important areas."

"Well, I think you did," Leo says looking at the wound placement.

"Eve?" Dave asks hesitantly.

"Yes, Dave?" Eve replies flippantly.

"Are you angry with me?"

"Oh, I can't imagine what would give you that idea?" Eve responds coldly. Dave winces, oh yeah, she's angry and he doesn't blame her.

"I'm sorry, Eve." Dave tries to apologize. Damn he wishes he could see her to gauge her reactions. He has an all new respect for her and all she's managed to do now.

"Save your apologies for after we get out of here alive. Then you can get down on your knees and kiss my ass for saving yours." Eve says venomously.

Dave shuts up and just waits for things to finish up.

Leo smirks at his boss at how Eve treats him, but he's very careful to make sure that no one else could possibly see it. Although he knows Eve is blind and his boss might as well be with his eyes swollen shut, he doesn't want to take any chances.