30

Eve and Dave settle into an uneasy silence. There had been so much hurt that Dave isn't sure what to say and now isn't the time to bring it up.

When Sergio is brought to their table Dave is very relieved although Sergio is late.

Which is what Eve says when the maitre d' leaves.

"You're late, not a good practice," Eve says flatly. She's still mostly hidden by the laptop and so Sergio can't see her.

Sergio bristles at her words and tone. "There was an accident a couple of blocks away. I ended up walking to get here. Please forgive the delay."

Eve had already found the report of the accident and so nods. Dave hides his amused smile.

"Eve, you need to be nice," Dave says and goes to her side and helps her up. 

"Sergio, this is Eve, the woman your men met this afternoon." Sergio feels like he's just had the breath knocked out of him. His men had told him that she was blind and pretty, but their words didn't do her justice.

"Eve, this is Sergio, Riley's boss." Dave is pleased by Sergio's reaction.

Everybody sits and Dave helps Eve scoot in a bit to the table. "Thank you, Dave. Now you better explain to Sergio why I'm here and with my laptop before more damage is done. The more damage the longer it will take me to fix it."

With those words Sergio takes his eyes off Eve and turns them onto Dave. "When Eve went job hunting earlier today, before the incident at the electronics store, she applied to one of your companies and because she was blind she was turned down. Eve didn't think that was fair. She is one of the most highly qualified IT people I know and would have been an asset to your company."

"So, why is she here and needing her computer?" Sergio demands more than a little intrigued in spite of himself.

"Because in revenge she sent a worm to your company and several others that denied her based on her disability. Even as we speak the worm is destroying the information in your company." Dave finally spits it out.

Sergio looks like he wants to laugh. He goes to say something when he gets a phone call. More than a little irritated he answers the call, "I told you not to bother me. I'm talking to Dave Tuelleries and Eve now."

As Sergio listens to who ever is on the line his face holds disbelief and then settles into anger. He hangs up and turns his full attention to Eve. "Can you reverse the loss?"

"Yes, I've already sent out the command to destroy the worm. I've been working on retrieving the lost data." Eve says calmly even as her fingers fly along the keyboard giving one command after another.

Silence falls at the table until the server comes to take their order. The two men give their order and Eve just ignores him and continues doing her job.

"When Riley came back and told me that some blind bitch dared to claim territory here and send him off with a warning and a gun to his face, I thought he was a liar. When you called me to talk to me about the incident I still didn't think anything of it.

"But this, this is serious. Did she really kill two men and then threaten mine?" Sergio still can't reconcile the blind beauty in front of him to the description of the female before.

Dave pulls up the footage on his phone. "I'm told the footage of her actually dealing with the two idiots was already destroyed so neither of us gets to see that, but this will show the interaction between your men and Eve here."

Sergio watches the clip in silence.

The food is brought and as they eat they make small talk. Eve ignores them both.