36

Dave is sitting working at his desk. He wants everything dealt with when Eve goes into labor, which could be any time now. This time last year he'd been in the depths of despair at having lost Eve, now he's on top of the world. Being married to her and expecting their first child is the best thing that he's ever had.

He ignores the sound of his office door being shut until he hears the lock being set. Then he looks up with confusion. Eve is in the control room and she's the only one that has permission to lock the door without orders.

He sees one of the so called friends of Eve slinking her way towards him. 

He gets a sick feeling in his stomach. Eve is going to kill him if she finds out about this. "What the hell are you doing in here Marjorie?" Dave is less than happy and his voice shows his anger. But the woman ignores the warning in it.

"I thought you might want a break from all this work." Dave thinks she might be a spy for a rival mafia, but doesn't have any proof.

"No. Now leave, I need to get this done before Eve goes into labor and has my child." The ultrasound showed they are having a boy, but Dave secretly thinks that they are having a girl. He'll be thrilled either way as long as the baby is healthy.

"Forget about your wife and relax with me." Marjorie says going up to him and trying to kiss him.

"Get the fuck away from me bitch!" Dave pushes her away but she just comes back faster than Dave can get his gun. There will be hell to pay for killing her, but not as much hell if Eve catches him with that bitch.

Dave pushes her away again but the bitch was like a fucking octopus, her hands were everywhere. 

Suddenly a shot rings out and Marjorie falls dead in his arms.

Dave looks up terrified, "Eve, I-"

"I know. You didn't hear me come in. I heard everything. You told her to leave you alone multiple times and even brought me up." Eve says going to him and kissing him. "Now go get cleaned up, I'll have Peter deal with this mess."

Eve smiles as Dave leaves. She had known that Marjorie wanted Dave, she also knew that Marjorie was a spy. She just wanted to test Dave and see if he would refuse a woman willingly throwing herself in his arms. She needed to know what Dave would do.

Dave had stopped going to clubs when she became noticeably pregnant and uncomfortable with going to such places. He doesn't like going anywhere without her. Which is sweet, but makes it hard to see how well he'll resist temptation, especially since she's as big as whale now.

"Peter, I need a clean up in the study. That bitch Marjorie tried to seduce my husband."

"Is it one body or two?" Peter wants to know. He can't tell by Eve's neutral voice.

"Just one," Eve says more than pleased.

Peter is too and breathes easier. "On it boss lady."

The men had started calling her boss lady because Dave treats her as a co boss. Her words are law unless they go against his, then they need to have a clarification.

Many times Eve has changed his orders that saved lives. Dave almost always accedes to those changes without a fight. Eve has a brilliant mind at seeing things the rest of them miss.

Peter comes in and notices the dead female. "Where's the boss? I thought he wouldn't leave that desk until you started having your baby."

"I killed her on top of him. He needed to shower, he was soaked in blood." Eve says getting the gun cleaning kit out and sits down to clean her gun. She ignores Peter and the guys as they clean up and when she's done she adds an extra bullet to her clip, to replace the one she used.

"About damn time," Eve says irritatedly when Dave comes in about ten minutes after the clean up crew left.

"I didn't want to get in the way as they cleaned up. Why are you so irritated with me now?" Dave learned the best way to figure out Eve was to ask her.

"I've been in labor and just waiting for you to come back to head to the hospital." Eve says irritation thick in her voice. Those damn contractions are getting more painful.

Dave freezes, "Shit, if I had known I would have come straight back."

"Zander get your ass to the study now." Dave calls for Zander then for his car to be made ready. 

Leo and Zander come in together. "Good you are both here. Zander you're in charge for the next week. Leo, get a group of men and follow us to the hospital, Eve has gone into labor. Apparently some time ago. Make sure Maria brings the bag already packed for Eve and the baby." Dave demands even as he helps Eve stand up.

He escorts her to the door.

"Well I didn't see that one coming," Zander says as the couple leaves the house.

"Boss lady coolly shoots a woman trying to seduce her husband even while she's in labor. That's definitely one for the books.

"I better get those men together." Leo starts making calls and then looks for Maria and ushers her out with the bag in less than ten minutes. The group of two SUV's full of men and one woman heads to the hospital to await the news of the newest member of the family.

They enter and are directed to the waiting room of the labor and delivery section of the hospital. They sit and make themselves comfortable waiting and waiting and waiting.

Finally in the wee hours of the morning Dave comes out smiling. "It's a girl!" He's more than a little smug that he'd been right.

The men keep the noise of the cheers down since it's so early, but there is happiness floating in the air.

Maria pushes past Dave and goes to Eve.

Eve is holding the baby in her arms and has tears in her eyes. She looks like an angel right there. An angel holding an angel.

Eve looks at her, "Maria, I'm no angel. I'm not a good person. You know what-" They aren't alone so Maria breaks in.

"You are the best person I know, Eve Tuelleries. And you look like an angel holding that baby angel in your arms. Would you rather I say you look like the Madonna holding the -" Eve hurriedly breaks in.

"No, I know how much religion plays in your life, I wouldn't want you to blaspheme."

"I happen to think she's right." Dave says coming up to the two most important people in his life and kissing his wife's forehead.