29

"Eve, just what the hell are you planning?" Zander asks in alarm as she hands him his phone.

"I have a dinner date with him and whatsisname, the mafia boss here. Peter, be a dear and pack up my laptop for me while I get ready. If I know Dave, he'll be here early and not very happy.

"Zander help me find my nicest business suit. We'll be going to the snotty restaurant here and I'll need to wear my nicest clothes." Eve walks with little hesitation from this room. She has more or less already memorized it.

Zander follows in her wake helplessly caught in her pull. He just doesn't see anything good happening tonight.

"Oh, by the way, Dave says if whatsisname kills him then I'll be in charge. So you'll be able to relax."

"Shit, Eve you won't be happy until we're all killed." Zander says and then he takes a look at her face and wishes he'd never said those words.

"Is that what you think? Really? I'm going to this meeting to stop the worm attack and to save Dave's ass. Again. Granted this time it's my fault that it's on the line, but I have always done my best to keep casualties low, always."

"That's not what I meant and I'm sorry, Eve. That was far out of line and I know it. If it weren't for you many of us would be dead, including myself, I know that. I'm," Zander sighs knowing that he can't unsay those words. "I'm sorry."

"I know, but it doesn't make the pain any less. Now check my outfit is it okay or does it need to be ironed?"

Zander looks at the outfit in his hand critically, "It looks fine to me, but you know Dave won't stop looking at you if you wear this. Neither will Sergio, which might just make Dave pissed as hell. It will be like throwing alcohol on a fire."

"Then I'll put out the flames myself, with force if necessary." Eve says and her face is set with determination.

"I don't know who to feel sorrier for, Dave or Sergio. Either one won't know what hit them by the time you're done with them." Zander says shaking his head at their imagined reactions.

A wicked smile comes onto Eve's face, "Oh, Dave will know and be prepared. It's Sergio that needs to be worried."

Zander shakes his head once more. "You are one very wicked woman, you know that?"

Her smile turns to one of delight, "You actually think so?"

Zander starts laughing deep hardy laughs, "Oh, yes, my wicked mistress. You already destroyed the Italian mafia. You have Dave on his knees and now you are about to bring Sergio's mafia to it's knees. I wish I could be there."

"Do you have a laptop?" Eve questions.

"Yeah?"

"Go get it, hurry, I'll make it so you will be able to see and hear everything." Eve laughs at how fast Zander takes off out of the room and it doesn't take long for her to hear the door slam behind him.

"Eve, what the hell did you say to Zander to make him leave like that?"

"I'm going to set it up so you two can watch the meeting between Sergio, Dave and myself. I just need his laptop. Will you get Maria? I'll need her help if I'm to get ready in time and still have time to set things up for you guys."

"Sure thing," Peter leaves no less rapid than Zander and then runs to answer the door when Zander knocks impatiently on it.

Maria comes in and makes sure that the outfit is presentable. She then helps Eve with her hair and makeup. "Do I look alright, Maria?"

"You look absolutely beautiful, Eve. No matter if you aren't in the fancy attire, they wouldn't dare deny you entrance looking like you do."

Eve snorts, "They won't deny me entrance because the owner himself will be escorting me in. Will you hand me my small hand bag, my key card and phone?" Eve asks her softly a wicked smile playing about her lips.