31

Dave escorts her to her room, "Come in I did promise you a talk if you survived, did I not? I keep my promises." Eve would have enjoyed the wince Dave gave at her jab if she could have seen it.

"You two can go now." Dave orders his men out of there. He has no doubt that with her emotions running as high as they are that Eve would prefer not having an audience.

The two men were quick to give her a hug and get out of there. Zander goes back for his laptop. "Take it easy on her, boss. She's cried enough for tonight." Zander tells him as he leaves the room.

"I know," Dave replies even though Zander and Peter are already gone.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'm sure you know where the alcohol is." Eve says tiredly, she just wants this to end.

"I don't think it would be a good idea for me to drink just yet," Dave murmurs as he takes a seat katty corner to her.

"What do you want to talk about Dave?" Eve says giving up and just letting her head rest against the back of the couch. She no longer fights the tears.

"You didn't deserve what I did to you. It took me almost two years to gain the trust we had and I destroyed it all in the most fucked up thing I've ever done.

"I know you don't believe me, but I do love you. Tonight is the first time I've been able to eat since you left, and have it stay down. I felt like a part of me died when you looked at me with so much betrayal. Even now it hurts. I can't even imagine what it did to you, seeing me or rather hearing about me be with another woman. It's been a living hell for me and I have no doubt that when you're not filled with fury that it's the same with you.

"I did you wrong and I know it. I did wrong to myself as well. I don't expect you to forgive me, because I can't even forgive myself." Dave has to stop and wipe away the tears.

"I know my words will never be enough, how can they be? I already showed you that you can't trust them." Dave slides onto the floor and grabs one of her hands and holds it loose enough that she could remove it if she wishes.

"I don't deserve a second chance. But I'm asking for one any way.

"Zander tells me you have found an apartment, after your little demonstration I have no doubt that Sergio will hire you if you ask. 

"I will leave here and never bother you again if that is what you decide, but I'm begging you, Eve. Please, please let me have another chance. Let me work my ass off to regain your trust. I know it won't be easy and I know it will take me time to do so. I'm just asking for that time."

Eve feels his tears fall on her hand he's holding. 

"Are you finished or do you have more to say?" Eve doesn't mean to be short but she's developing a headache and just wants to go to bed. First she has to deal with this mess.

"I'm going to take the advice of two people I know. I'm going to forgive you. I've already started, but," Eve holds up the hand that he wasn't holding, "it's not going to happen overnight. I need time, Dave, and then it won't mean that I'll give you another chance.

"I'm going to stay here and move into my apartment above the electronics store. I'm going to find a job and figure out what's best for me. If it's you I'll let you know in time to start actually rebuilding our relationship before the damn wedding. If it's not, I'll let you know that you can find a new girlfriend because there won't be a wedding."

Dave lets go of her hand not sure where exactly that leaves him. He slowly goes back to his chair and gets back into it. "So what do you want me to do? Not contact you? Call once a week? What exactly do you wish me to do?"

Eve sits up straight and looks at him "I don't know. I guess that will depend a lot on you and how serious you are about salvaging this relationship. I want to be courted, I want to know that the man really wants me. We have to get married because of that alliance. But I don't want to feel like that is the reason we are getting married.

"If I even slightly feel like that I will find someone to help me end things." Eve explains to Dave, not sure if she explained it well enough.

"Very well, but promise me, Eve, use your bank card. You will have sufficient money that way and I won't have to worry about you having enough for food and bills. Zander says that the apartment is rent free until you find a job. Very well. Sergio will also make sure that the store and you aren't bothered.

"If you need me for anything, call me. Hand me your phone and I'll enter Sergio's information in as well." Dave says and Eve just tosses him her clutch and he takes out her phone and enters Sergio's number.

"Keep up your practices. It makes me nervous leaving you without any protection but your own, especially since you killed two gang members."

"If I find anyone following me I will take action. Don't leave anyone behind without letting me know who. You might want to let Sergio know that as well," Eve says frowning.

"You are exhausted. Let me help you get ready for bed." Dave says frowning at how drawn she is.

Eve is too tired to fight with him and allows him to guide her to the bathroom. He hands her a makeup removal wipe and leaves her to do whatever she needs to while he searches for and finds her night wear.

"You need to go shopping, you don't have nearly enough clothes." Dave says bringing her nightclothes with him.

"After I go furniture shopping, I'll have Mark take me and the boys clothes shopping."

Dave freezes, "Who is Mark?"

"He's the cabby that's been helping me. Don't get all jealous, Dave, he's married and has a family. They are all he talks about when he isn't telling me about the places he's taking me to."

Dave relaxes, "I'm sorry. I'll leave now. I'll make sure the door is locked behind me."

"Dave," Eve says and Dave waits for her to continue, "Thank you for coming out here to deal with my mess."

Dave lets out a chuckle, "I was just looking for an excuse to come out here that wouldn't have you killing me on sight."

Eve leans forward and kisses him.

After his shock wears off Dave takes control of the kiss.  It takes everything in him to break it off and not continue seducing her.

"You can do that whenever you want, Eve. But now I need to leave or I'll be taking you to bed and not leaving until the morning."

"What's it like?" Eve asks.

Dave hopes to hell she's not asking what he think she's asking. He's damn near losing control now.

"What's what like, Eve?"

"What's it like when you make love?"

"Fuck, do you want me to show you? If I do you'll be completely free." Dave wants to take her to bed so bad, but at the same time doesn't want to lose that hold on her.

"You just can't tell me?" Eve asks in a small voice.

"Not me, it's something that needs to be experienced. It's different for every person and every time." Dave whispers in her ear touching her. He leans in and nuzzles her neck like he's been dreaming of doing all night.

"If you want I'll do my damnedest to give you the pleasure without taking your purity."

Dave's wicked words ignite a fire in her that is only inflamed by his touch.

"I'll send you to heights you've never known, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to stop myself from going there myself. But for you, I'll try." Dave hopes to hell she'll let him try and that he'll be able to avoid taking her.

"Yes," that's all Dave needs to hear.

"I just need to make sure that the door is locked and I'll be back." Dave says giving her a long and deep kiss. Then he disappears and makes sure the door is locked and the lights turned off.