T W O

lady marla ashwood

TODAY, KING ROBERT WAS ARRIVING IN WINTERFELL

TODAY, KING ROBERT WAS ARRIVING IN WINTERFELL. Robb, Jon, and Marla sat in the dining hall, eating muffins and drinking milk tea, chatting about the king's arrival. Everyone around them was bustling busily, making the proper accommodations for the royal family. Lady Catelyn was frantic around the room, making sure Maester Luwin stocked Tyrion Lannister's bedchambers with plenty of candles. Apparently he read a lot. Marla, on the other hand, had heard he preferred the company of whores all night. Could be either.

Robb and Jon had gotten their hair trimmed and were cleanly shaven. It suited them both, and gods knew the two had needed some freshening up—they were beginning to look like wildlings. Robb looked especially handsome, like a young and becoming lord.
"You two look like nice pretty boys, don't you?" She teased, smirking playfully.

"Aye, and you too, Marla. Your hair looks so similar to the way the Southern girls wear it," Jon replied as Marla's face turned cold. Lady Catelyn wished for Marla to wear her hair in a Southern style, and she though it best she didn't disobey her liege lady. Marla despised the Southern ways, but she honored Lady Stark's wishes.

"Fuck off, Jon," Marla said, her eyes narrowing towards the bastard. "You know I hate those Southern cunts enough, now I'm being forced to dress like them."

"You'll always be Northern at heart, no matter what," Jon assured, offering a rare smile at the Ashwood girl. Her eyes softened and she returned the smile.

Marla pulled a wine skin from her cloak and unscrewed the top, taking a long swig of the red liquid. "If I'm to get through this day, I'll need to be drunk. Or at least half-drunk."

"Are you sure it's wise to be intoxicated at the arrival of His Grace King Robert, First of his Name. I mean, you are a lady, after all," Theon advised sarcastically as he joined the three at their table, grabbing a muffin off of Marla's plate and stuffing it in his mouth.

"Are you sure it's wise to be irritating me again? You know, I think I can still see a little pink mark on your face. Tell me, what do you say when people ask how you got it? I'm sure you don't tell them it was a girl who hit you, eh?" Marla snickered, standing from the table and smoothing out her rosy-pink dress.
"I'll see you later, boys." She left the hall to finish readying herself for the arrival.

"She's a vicious little prick, you know that?" Theon snarled and shook his head. Marla was attractive, he'd give her that, but when she was angry even the Seven couldn't save him from her wrath.

"Watch your tongue, Greyjoy," Robb warned, a stern look on his face. Theon scoffed in reply.

"Are you still all lovey-dovey for her, Stark?" Jon asked, a mischievous smile creeping up on his lips. The bastard knew Robb had a childish crush on the girl when they were younger, but he had assumed it had passed.