S E V E N

lady marla ashwood

KING'S LANDING SMELLED OF SHIT, PISS, AND SWEAT

KING'S LANDING SMELLED OF SHIT, PISS, AND SWEAT. Even a mile outside the city the awful stench curled up her nose. From afar, it look like a beautiful and mystical kingdom. But up close, it was filled with poverty, hunger, and sickliness. Little kids with no clothes or shoes running through the streets, starving elderly folk begging for gold. It was an awful place in person, even worse than the stories about it.

Marla and Ryder were forced to walk behind the horses as they traveled up the road to the Red Keep. She truly never thought she'd visit the capital, yet here she was being paraded through the city like some sort of animal.

The commoners stood along the side of the street, throwing food at the two traitors and cursing at them. The words 'whore' and 'cunt' were quite popular amongst the many insults.

The trek up to the Red Keep felt like the longest she'd ever walked in her life. She thought the trail of insults and flying food would never end, but eventually they reached the outer gates, where the queen and Joffrey stood, awaiting their arrival.

Joffrey smirked haughtily as Marla came into sight. A prized possession, now for him to keep all to himself. Sansa Stark, and now Marla Ashwood as well. His own collection of noble ladies to use as he wished.

"Lady Marla, so wonderful of you to visit," he sauntered towards her as one of the Lannister men untied her from the back of the horse. "I suspect you heard about your liege lord's head rolling. Traitors don't do well around here. Remember that."

Marla remained as quiet as a mouse, glaring at the blonde-headed twat with unforgiving eyes.

"Kneel before your king, whore," Joffrey seethed.

Marla remained in her upright position. She'd rather die than bow to this cunt.

"The king gave you an order. You'd do well to obey him," Queen Cersei spoke, her expression cold as a smug smile pulled at her lips.

"She's not a whore," Ryder snapped at the boy king. Just keep your mouth shut, Ryder, she thought.

"And who are you? Seize him." Joffrey demanded, and one of the Lannister guards held a knife to Ryder's throat. He didn't flinch in the slightest, he remained unwavering.

"No! Please don't!" Marla begged, her eyes glancing from Ryder to Joffrey. She wouldn't let the man who saved her life die over something so pointless.

"Then kneel before your king, and maybe I'll let him live."

Marla sucked up all the pride she had and knelt down before Joffrey, who smiled. He always got what he wanted.

"Take him and lock him up. We'll decide his fate later. Escort Lady Marla to her chambers. I'm sure her and Lady Sansa will be quite happy to be reacquainted."