E I G H T

lord robb stark

"YOUR GRACE, THE LANNISTERS HAVE TAKEN LADY MARLA CAPTIVE

"YOUR GRACE, THE LANNISTERS HAVE TAKEN LADY MARLA CAPTIVE."

Robb slammed his hand down on the table, causing the strategically placed battle pieces to topple over. He ran a hand through his curls anxiously.

Once Marla left Winterfell, he sent his best men after her and told them to not come back until they found her. They located her horse and some of her belongings left abandoned beside a stream along the Crownlands border. He prayed to all the gods that the Lannisters hadn't found her. But some prayers went unanswered.

"Would you advise me against it if I considered trading the Kingslayer for my sisters and Lady Marla?" He asked his bannermen exhaustedly. War took its toll on men, especially him. He was the lord commander of the Northern army and now king of his people. It was quite the responsibility for a boy so young.

"With all due respect, Your Grace, Jaime Lannister is a vital prisoner in this war. It would be ill-advised to trade him for three girls." Lord Glover disagreed with Robb's proposal.

"They're not just three girls. One is the woman I love, the others are Arya and Sansa—my sisters. I can't just abandon them."

"I have to agree with Lord Glover, Your Grace. Ser Jaime is our advantage. While we have the Kingslayer, Tywin Lannister is never truly winning. We hold his son and heir captive, and we've yet to lose a battle. If we give up our only bargaining piece, we'll look weak," Lord Umber counseled.

"So I just let Lady Marla and my sisters stay prisoner in King's Landing, likely being tormented, tortured, and scorned?" He replied bitterly. He knew his bannermen were right, but there had to be another way to save those he loved.

"When we lay siege to the capital, we'll make sure the first thing we do is save your sisters and Lady Marla," Roose Bolton assured, his voice calm and placid. Robb nodded.

"That'll be all for tonight."

The rest of the bannermen excused themselves from the tent, leaving only Lady Catelyn alone with the King in the North, her son.

"The woman you love, Robb? Marla Ashwood is the woman you love?" She asked her son, her blue eyes piercing into his own.

"Yes, mother."

"That's only one more reason for you to exchange the Kingslayer for your sisters. I understand you're fighting a war, my love, but do you really think Cersei Lannister won't have them killed the moment we lay siege on the capital? I need my daughters back, son. And you need your lover back."

lady marla ashwood age 17

lady marla ashwood
age 17

MARLA ATE DINNER IN HER ROOM EVERY NIGHT, USUALLY ALONE

MARLA ATE DINNER IN HER ROOM EVERY NIGHT, USUALLY ALONE. Sometimes Lord Tyrion and Bronn would join her, and they made for good company, but she couldn't help but think the only reason they came was out of pity for her. And the fact that Bronn thought Marla was pretty.

Sansa visited her often as well, but usually they just sat in Marla's chambers in silence and stared out at Blackwater Bay, hoping one day they'd sail away from this horrid city. Arya has been missing since Lord Stark's execution, and not a soul knew where she had gone. Marla feared the worst, but a part of her knew Arya was too smart to get herself killed.

An eager knock pounded on Marla's door. "Come in," she called over her shoulder. Bronn and Tyrion sauntered inside and sat at a makeshift dinner table beside Marla. She had invited the two for supper tonight. She wanted to enlighten Tyrion on her plans of helping Ryder escape from the dungeons. It was her fault he was rotting in a cell, the least she could do was make an attempt to break him free.

She poked at her venison with her fork. She wasn't necessarily hungry and the bloody meat didn't look quite appetizing.

"Ser Bronn, Lord Tyrion."

"My lady," Bronn bowed respectably and quickly dug into a few trays of food dispersed throughout the table.

"My lady, you invited us over tonight...might I ask why?" Tyrion raised an eyebrow whilst pouring himself a goblet of mulled wine.

"I have important plans I wish to discuss with you, my lord."

"Continue."

"When I arrived in King's Landing, a man was with me. He's not of noble birth—he's a nobody, really. He lived on his own before this. Anyway, he's helped me on multiple occasions and has even saved my life. Now, he's being detained in the dungeons on orders of your dearest nephew, the king. Can you help me free him?" She asked hopefully.

Marla has had nothing to do ever since she's arrived at the Red Keep besides becoming Joffrey and Cersei's personal plaything to humiliate. Her remaining alone time has given her plenty of room to think—to think of helping Ryder, killing the king and queen mother, and getting back to Robb.

"Lady Marla, as much as I do want to help your friend, I'm afraid some things are beyond my control. Helping you escape is one thing...but on this matter I'm afraid my hands are tied," Lord Tyrion said, sipping from his goblet slowly and eyeing Marla for her reaction. He did want to help the poor girl, but it wasn't worth risking his own life as well as hers for the life of a common boy. "But there is someone I think you could consult," he finished.

"And who might that be?" She furrowed her brow.

"Lord Varys—the Eunuch, the Spider, the owner of many little birds who whisper secrets in his ear."

"Are you really suggesting that she go talk to that castrated bastard? He's probably the most least trustworthy fucker in the Seven Kingdoms! I'll tell you what, little lady—I'll help your friend," Bronn offered, a satisfied smile on his lips.

"Really? Thank you, Bronn!" Marla threw her arms around the man as he winked at Tyrion. She kissed his cheek thankfully.

"Just doing my duty, my lady."

________________________________

Chapter eight ✔️
Okay idk if that chapter was boring or not but heyyyyy we got a Robb POV!!! So yeah that's something lol. Comment/pm with any questions!!
Xx