S E V E N T E E N

lady marla ashwood

THAT NIGHT, MARLA AND ROBB became reacquainted in all ways imagined—especially physically

THAT NIGHT, MARLA AND ROBB became reacquainted in all ways imagined—especially physically. They made love many times, but it was truthfully more than a physical connection. It was like their souls were finally being intertwined after so long of being apart. Marla had told him everything about her journey—and it was a long, very shocking story about her bad luck these past two years—from killing a Lannister solider to escaping the Red Keep. Though Robb didn't admit it, the mention of Ryder made him jealous. 

Marla was curled up in Robb's arms, her head resting in the crook of his neck. It was still dark outside, but dawn was approaching soon.

"Let's get married tomorrow," Robb blurted out, biting his lip as he sat up to face Marla.

She giggled and sat up as well, running her hand along his jawline. "Really?"

"Yes, really. We'll get a septon and find a beautiful place for the ceremony—just you and I."

She smiled at the thought of it, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. "Of course I'll marry you, Robb Stark."

She threw her arms around her lover as he rolled on top of her, planting a delicate kiss on her lips. "I'm the King in the North, making you my queen. I wouldn't have it any other way," he mused, stroking her rosy cheeks softly. His blue eyes pierced into her, sharper than knives. "And I promise—I will kill those Lannisters before they ever lay a hand on you again."

She pursed her lips anxiously. "Do not make promises you cannot keep, my love."

"That is one I very much intend to keep," he replied, laying down beside her and wrapping his long arms around her waist.

"I've seen how Cersei Lannister is; I've seen her true colors. She's manipulative, but not as smart as she thinks she is. I know her better than you, and I know she wants her brother back more than anything."

He sighed. "I do not have the Kingslayer any longer. My mother—without my knowing—sent her sworn sword to deliver Jaime Lannister back to King's Landing in return for Sansa."

Marla's eyes widened at the news. "Once Cersei has Jaime, we have no leverage. Getting Sansa back will be nearly impossible."

Robb pinched his brow. "I know. Trust me, I was angry with my mother...but I can't blame her for wanting her daughter back."

Marla nodded in agreement. She, too, would have done the same thing had Sansa been her own daughter.

"Let's not talk of politics any longer. We have a wedding to look forward to," Marla chirped lightheartedly, placing a sweet kiss on Robb's cheek.

"Indeed we do."