F O U R

lady marla ashwood

"MY LADY, A RAVEN CAME FOR YOU

"MY LADY, A RAVEN CAME FOR YOU."
Maester Luwin handed Marla a scroll. She examined the wax seal; the Tyrells, her mother's family. She seldom wrote to them, once a year at most. Lady Olenna—her grandmother—would write to her on her nameday, but other than that, she hardly ever spoke to the Tyrells of Highgarden. The last time she'd seen them was at her mother's funeral nearly ten years ago, and she was only a child then.

She broke the seal and unraveled the slip of paper to read the letter.
_

Dearest granddaughter,

It's been far too long since I've seen you. It isn't right for a grandmother to be kept from her granddaughter. Therefore, I wish for you to visit Highgarden—to visit your family. Your Uncle Mace and cousins Loras and Margaery are here waiting for you, my love. You belong in Highgarden with us, not holed up in that barren wasteland they call the North. We urge you to travel South.

Sincerely,
Your beloved grandmother, Lady Olenna Tyrell of Highgarden.
_

"What does it say, Lady Marla?" The maester questioned curiously.

"It's a letter from my grandmother, the Lady Olenna of Highgarden. She wishes for me to visit her," she replied, rolling up the paper once more.

"My lady, with all due respect, I'd like to advise you against traveling South."

"Lady Olenna is my kin. Although I do love Winterfell and owe my life to the Starks, I should be with family," Marla took a step towards the door to leave the maester's chambers. She turned her head back to face him, "Besides, everyone I care about has left."

"Lord Robb is still here, my lady. As well as little Bran and Rickon. I know the Tyrell's are family, but I think it best you stay," he said, his calming nature only angering her further.

"You've always counseled me wisely, Maester Luwin, but I'm old enough to make my own decisions now." She exited the room swiftly as to not continue the conversation. She knew if she talked to him any longer he would find a way to change her mind.