8. Three Paying guests

Chaeyoung took an off-road route to take Momo away from Seoul.

'Where are we going?'

'Daegu, it'll take about 6 hours.'

As soon as they were outside of Seoul and on highway Chaeyoung sped off at full speed.

'Slow down, Chaeyoung!' Momo screamed gripping the jacket on his sides tight. He didn't. He loved the speed.

'I said slow down,' she screamed again and punched his shoulder. He smirked at her action and slowed down his motorcycle. Few minutes later they stopped by a gas station to refill the motorcycle. Chaeyoung took off his helmet and groomed his hair.

'The only time when a girl told me, "slow down, Chaeyoung" is when we were in bed," he said with a chuckle. Momo rolled her eyes.

'Get on. There's a good diner nearby,' Chaeyoung said as he climbed back on his motorcycle after refilling the gas tank. Momo climbed behind him and they continued their long journey.

Chaeyoung parked in front of a motel. They got off and stretched themselves after the long ride.

'This is where we part,' he said.

'We have reached Daegu?'

'Yes, you can stay for the night in this motel. Tomorrow you can decide if you want to stay or go somewhere else. Best of luck with life,' he said with a smile.

'Where will you go?'

'That's a tough one to answer,' he chuckled and climbed back on his motorcycle. Momo rummaged in her bag and produced a white envelop.

'Here, thanks a lot, Chaeyoung,' she said. He took the envelop and peeked inside. It contained money. He placed it in the inside pocket of his jacket, saluted Momo and sped off.

Momo checked into the motel. She laid in her bed, tired from the ride and ready for a slumber.

'I must look for a job before I run out of money,' she thought as she fell asleep.

The next day she immediately started job searching. Callbox call center grabbed her attention. It was looking for Japanese speaking recruits for Japanese clients' customer service.

'It was smart to come prepared,' she thought as she flipped through her academic certificates. She immediately engaged herself into creating her resume.

It has been two weeks since Momo eloped. She had applied in Callbox and gave an interview. She was waiting for the result.  Meanwhile, she worked as a waitress in a restaurant close to the motel Chaeyoung left her at. Given the lifestyle she led she really hated working as a waitress. But she worked anyway to make some money.

'Yes, Momo speaking,' she said to her phone. She had walked out behind the restaurant building to picked up a call.

'Miss Hirai. You've been recruited as a voice agent in Callbox's Buwon Appliances Japanese group. Please report in the main office on Monday between 9:00 and 11:00,' said the man on the other line.

'Oh, yes, yes. Thank you very much!' she said and did a little victory dance by herself.

'Momo! Why aren't you working?' yelled her boss. She didn't give a damn and walked in humming.

'Wipe that grin off your face and work,' the boss hissed.

'Piss off. I quit,' she said and walked out of the restaurant smugly.

Now that Momo had landed a job she wanted to move closer to her work place so she started looking for places for rent. Finally she found a place, close to work and the rent was reasonable, rather cheap.