33. Plan A

Mina wanted to talk to Chaeyoung. She wasn't sure where she stood with him after their night together. She debated with herself whether to call him or not. At last, she decided talking to him in person was a better option. She made time to wait for him in the parking lot when his shift was over. Chaeyoung was slightly flustered to find her waiting for him.

'Can we talk?' Mina asked.

'Yeah sure,' Chaeyoung said. Mina could sense a hint of hesitation in his answer.

'About that night...' she was interrupted by Chaeyoung's phone ringing.

'Excuse me, this is an important call. I need to take it,' he said. Mina nodded, and he walked a little aside and took the call. Mina could faintly hear only Chaeyoung's side of the conversation.

'Nobody is home now?' she heard him say. Then a pause as the other person on the phone spoke. 'Okay, I'll be there right now.' He hanged up the phone and looked apologetically at Mina.

'You need to go somewhere right now?' she asked, catching up from the conversation.

'Yes... I'm sorry. We can talk later, right?'

'I guess, yes.'

Chaeyoung then sped off on his motorcycle.

'What was I thinking trying to talk to him? You knew he'd turn out like this. "Nobody is home now?" Whose home? Who are you going to screw now?' Mina thought and wiped a tear that slipped down from her eye without warning. She thought that the call was from a girl. She decided to ignore him as well if he was going to ignore her because she had pride too.

What Mina didn't know was that the call was from Gu. He was telling Chaeyoung that Taekyung wasn't home and it was best time to scout the area near his home. So, there Chaeyoung was, looking at Taekyung's bedroom window from a distance. He took out his phone and dialled Gu's number. The latter picked up after two rings.

'Hello?'

'Did you think I'm Tom Cruise from "Mission Impossible"? That window is too high to climb. How am I supposed to break in from there?' Chaeyoung said.

'That is your problem to figure out. I'm busy right now. I have something to give you so let's meet later tonight,' Gu said and hung up the phone.

'How do I do this?' Chaeyoung muttered to himself. Then an idea came to his mind.

'Sana!' he snapped his finger. 'I need Sana.'

Chaeyoung immediately went to see Sana and persuaded her to partake in his adventure. First, she was not so sure about it. It wasn't an easy task, and they were just ordinary people. But Chaeyoung kept on requesting her. Sana confirmed to help him when he said that he was falling for Mina.

The same night, Chaeyoung met Gu, who gave the former a wooden box.

'What's in it?' Chaeyoung took the box and opened it.

'Gelatin mold of Taekyung's fingerprints. I don't know which finger he uses to lock the safe so I got all 10 fingerprints. I took great trouble to get this done so do it right. We have only one shot at this.'

Chaeyoung then told him about getting help from Sana. Gu was uneasy about this. Chaeyoung kept on explaining what he intended Sana to help with, and eventually convinced Gu to go with his plan. Gu had an important role to play in it.

'I will later send you the information you want,' Gu said.

'Send a photo of yourself too,' Chaeyoung said.

'Why that?'

'I'm gonna show it to Sana. Otherwise how is she going to recognise you? I will send one of hers too.'