21. Happy smile

Chaeyoung stopped by a convenience store to buy cup noodles. He was hungry since he didn't have any breakfast. He sat on a bench and enjoyed the noodles as he watched people go in and out of the store.

'Isn't that evil Mina?' he thought gulping his noodles. Mina was shopping in the store. He watched her leave the store.

'Where should I go?' he wondered after he finished eating. 'Let's go wherever the road leads you.' He drove away on his motorcycle.

On his way, a little ahead of the convenience store he saw a smoking car parked by the side of the road. He drove past it and glanced at the side mirror. He saw Mina standing by the smoking car calling someone on her phone. He pulled over to the side and walked to her.

'What happened, Madam Myoui?'

Mina turned to him. 'What is he doing here?' she thought. 'I'm not sure. The hood started smoking so I pulled over to the side,' she said.

'May I take a look?' Chaeyoung said.

'Sure.'

He opened the hood and examined the engine for a minute.

'You have run out of coolant. Wait here, I will be back,' he said. He jumped on his motorcycle and drive back to the convenience store.

He returned with bottles of water. He opened the coolant reservoir of Mina's car and filled it with water.

'Your engine was overheated. It cooled down a bit while I went to get the water. So the water will keep it cool for now and you can drive back home but it also needs something called antifreeze. So take it to a mechanic as soon as possible to avoid damage to the engine,' he explained to Mina and closed the hood.

'Thank you. I will return the favour someday,' she said.

'No need for that.... A coffee together wouldn't be such a bad idea,' he said and immediately cursed himself mentally.

Mina was mildly surprised by the suggestion. 'There is a good coffee shop I know. You can follow me,' she said and got into her car.

She drove ahead and Chaeyoung followed her on his ride. After driving for about 15 minutes she entered a street and then parked in front of a gate. Chaeyoung parked beside her and looked around for coffee shop; there was none.

'Park at the side. It's okay, this is my gate. The coffee shop is just around the street corner. Let's walk there,' she said. Chaeyoung did as she told him and walked with her to the coffee shop.

'Looks like a peaceful neighborhood,' Chaeyoung said.

'I guess.'

Mina paid for the coffee. Chaeyoung was about to take a seat when she stopped him.

'It's more refreshing to sit outside, at the playground,' she said. There was a big playground facing the coffee shop. They went there and sat on a bench. Since it was Sunday a lot of children were playing. Chaeyoung's eyes fell on a slim lady who was playing with a boy of around 6 years old. She was kind of pretty.

'You look interested in her,' Mina said.

'No no. I'm not interested in married women with children,' he said.

'She is not married and the child isn't hers.'

'Really? How do you know?'

'Well, this is my neighborhood. I know her. Her name is Eunhee. The boy is her sister's. They left him with her because both parents went on business trip. I don't know how the little boy can live with her. She has such a bad temper.'