18. Beaten

'You need to come with us,' the policeman said.

Chaeyoung complied without a word. People were peeking up from their stations and watching the goings-on.

'Officers, wait,' Mina stopped them at the lobby. Mr. Gu entered to pick up Taekyung at the same time. Some employees gathered around to see what the affair was. And few moments later Jeongyeon arrived too at the scene.

'He is my employee. He is under my management. You cannot simply take him away like that,' Mina said.

'Who are you?' the policeman asked.

'I am their team manager, Myoui Mina. And an eye witness to the incident.'

'Yes, Officer. She saw it. Tell them what happened, darling,' Taekyung said.

'Taekyung oppa was drunk. He toppled down the stairs and fell on his face. That's how he hurt his nose,' Mina said.

Chaeyoung and Taekyung were shocked by her reply.

'What are you talking about!? He hit me! In front of you,' Taekyung yelled.

'Oppa, you probably don't remember clear because you were too drunk. He didn't hit you.'

'Were you drunk?' the policeman asked Taekyung.

'Yes, but I remember it well.'

The policemen frowned, 'Is there any other employees who saw what happened?' he asked looking around. A man meekly raised his hand.

'I did not exactly see it but I saw Chaeyoung and that man over there carrying him,' the man said pointing to Mr. Gu.

'I saw that too. It looked like Chaeyoung was helping him,' another man said.

'I saw it as well,' a woman said.

The policemen turned to Mr. Gu.

'Aren't you Mr. Taekyung's personal assistant?'

'Yes, I'm. I was present when the incident happen.'

'Yes, he saw everything. Tell them the truth, Mr. Gu,' Taekyung said.

Mina hadn't thought about Mr. Gu at all. If he told the truth, her lies would be exposed. Her heart began to beat fast because she knew that Mr. Gu was loyal to Taekyung and his family. Chaeyoung was worried as well.

'What miss Myoui said is true. Master Taekyung fell from the stairs and hurt his nose,' Gu said.

'What?' Taekyung yelled. Chaeyoung and Mina looked at Gu in shock.

'You saw it! He hit me,' Taekyung protested.

'You drank too much yesterday, sir. Your memory must be fooled. You fell from the stairs and this gentleman here,' he pointed to Chaeyoung, 'helped you and carried you with me to the car,' Gu said.

'Is that what happened?' the policeman asked Chaeyoung.

'Yes,' he went along with the story Mina and Gu told.

'Why haven't you spoken a word in your defense?'

'I was going to let my lawyer do that talking,' he said clearing his throat.

'Two eye witnesses are saying you fell on the stairs and hurt yourself. Then Mr. Gu and Mr. Chaeyoung carried you to the car. The employees who saw that confirmed it. No proof of assault here. What do you have to say, Mr. Taekyung?' the policeman said.

'I remember his face. Uh... Maybe I drank too much and was imagining things. Maybe he was just trying to help me...' Taekyung said unsure of his own memory now that the two you who were supposed to be on his side were telling the same story.