43. The final chapter

Chaeyoung sighed for the nth time. He was in a bus terminal waiting for Mina. She was running late. He saw Mina looking for him from where he sat. He waited for her to notice him with a stern expression. As soon as Mina saw him, she knew that he was ready to scold her.

'Let's go?' she said, carefully.

'What time is it?' he said in a dead tone.

She looked at her phone. '7:06 am.'

'The bus left 5 minutes ago.'

Mina regretfully sighed.

'What did I told you last night?' Chaeyoung started just as Mina feared. 'I told you that the bus would leave at 7. I told you to reach here before 7. I told you to keep the alarm on. But you didn't listen to me. You slept in and now we missed the bus!'

'Sorry oppa. I was really sleepy when you called last night. I set the reminder but forgot to turn on the alarm,' Mina said. Chaeyoung's anger immediately evaporated hearing her call him oppa. She usually called him honey. Calling him oppa was her remedy to cool his anger. No matter what the reason was, that made him rage, he would always melt down when Mina called him oppa. He loved it too much. His lips quivered as he tried to hide his smirk.

'Oh, were you really sleepy?' he said, pretending to be angry but understanding. She nodded with a subtle pout. How could he have stayed mad at that woman?

'I'll forgive you if you kiss me,' he said.

'Right now?' she looked around. From the corner they were in, they could see only few people loitering around.

'Right now,' he said firmly. Mina stepped closer and planted a wet kiss on his lips. He instantly smiled.

'We can catch the next bus at 8,' he said. 'Have you had breakfast?'

'No~~ I was sleeping when you called. I rushed here as fast as possible. I'm hungry,' she said.

'Let's go grab breakfast then,' he took Mina's bag from her, in which she had packed clothes for overnight.

'Are you still going to be so secretive about our trip? Why don't you just tell me where we are going?' she held his arm and followed him.

'You will see. Don't expect too much. We are just going to see someone.'

They went to eat breakfast in a nearby eatery. They visited a convenient store as well, to buy snacks to eat during their bus trip. They caught another bus at 8 and continued their trip. Chaeyoung was taking Mina to his hometown. He wanted to pay his mother's grave a visit before he left for Japan. He also hadn't told Mina about his plan to move to Japan. He wanted to surprise her.

'Are we here to see your mother?' Mina asked as a graveyard came into sight. Chaeyoung nodded. He held her hand walked to where his mother rested.

'Hi mom,' Chaeyoung bowed and Mina followed suit. 'I'm living a good life, mom. I've come to brag about what I have achieved in life,' he said.

'You came here to brag?' Mina chuckled.

'Yup. Say hi to mom first.'

'How should I address her? I want to brag about you too.'

'Really? Call her mom. Go ahead and brag.'

'Hello mom. I'm Myoui Mina, your son's girlfriend. Don't worry about your crazy son, mom. He's a great man now. He takes good care of me and I take care of him. He lives responsibly now. He doesn't drink like he used to or eye every girl he meets.' Chaeyoung laughed hearing that.

'He has earned a name for himself by working hard,' Mina continued. 'He has registered his own business with his friend. He has accomplished a lot in the past two years. You raised a good son, mom.'