10. Ten

Momo was surprised to wake up in the new room. The surrounding was quite new to her and she did not remember falling asleep in it the previous night.

There was a knock on her door.

'Momo, get ready. Hyung is preparing breakfast. Let's eat together,' Chaeyoung said.

The three of them sat at the dinning table.

'Thank you for the food,' Chaeyoung and Momo said.

'Looks like it will be me cooking everyday since the two of you can't. You guys better do the dishes and cleaning,' Jeongyeon said.

'Okay, we can do that together, right Momo?' Chaeyoung said. Momo nodded while still chewing her food.

'Can't you stop calling her by her name? She's older than you,' Jeongyeon said.

'I don't like using honorifics or titles with pretty women,' Chaeyoung said.

'Yah! You're staying under the same roof as her. Be respectful to her at least.' Jeongyeon's voice was irritated and he glared at Chaeyoung.

'Okay. She is my Momo noona,' said Chaeyoung, emphasizing the word "noona".

'Didn't you say you will fix the shower?' Jeongyeon.

'Yeah, I'll do that after I finish eating.'

'You also fixed the drawers and AC. Did you study carpentry and HVAC, Chaeyoung?'

'No, Momo noona. I've a degree in BCA. Because I grew up poor we had lots of old furniture or other things. We didn't have money to always replace them with new ones so I fixed them. Poverty taught me these skills, I learned to use tools very young, Momo noona,' he said emphasizing each "noona" to taunt Jeongyeon. Momo just giggled at his idiotic action.

'Tomorrow is Monday. We have to report in Callbox's office. Do you wanna go shopping today with me, noona?'

Jeongyeon rolled his eyes. Momo nodded while stifling a laugh.

*

'Momo, can you tie a necktie?' Chaeyoung asked in the morning. It was Monday, first day at work. He had bought a tie but didn't know how to tie.

'Momo? No noona?' she laughed. 'No, I don't know how to.'

'Grumpy Jeongyeon isn't here to nag,' Chaeyoung said.

'I heard you,' Jeongyeon walked in.

'Hahaha I was just kidding, hyung' Chaeyoung faked a laugh and threw the necktie on the couch.

'Aren't you gonna wear that?' Jeongyeon asked pointing at the tie.

'I wanted to. I can't tie. Might find someone who can and wear it later.'

'Stand still,' Jeongyeon picked up the necktie and threw it around Chaeyoung's neck and tied it. The latter just stood awkwardly.

'Thanks,' he said. Jeongyeon nodded at him.

The three housemates were ready to leave for war. Chaeyoung dragged out his motorcycle and sat on it putting on the helmet.

'Can I get a ride?' Jeongyeon said.

'Chaeyoung, can I go with you?' Momo said.

'I asked first,' Jeongyeon said.

'I'm the lady here,' she argued.

Chaeyoung sighed, 'You know what, you two should ride together,' and he drove away taking none of them.

'Shall we?' Jeongyeon said.