13. Cold Boss

'Good morning, Sana,' Chaeyoung greeted Sana in the office lobby.

'Good morning, Chaeyoung,' she chirped.

'How was last night?'

'Fun! She was a screamer,' she said and the two of them laughed.

'You can be my wingman now,' he said and they high-fived and laughed.

Jeongyeon and Momo walked in just then from the bus stop.

'Good morning, Jeongyeon and Momo,' Sana said and clung on Momo's arm.

'Good morning, Sana,' they replied.

'Omo! Momo and I look like a couple, we are both wearing red,' Sana said and chuckled. Momo gave a friendly grin in response.

Jeongyeon felt a little jealous. Till now he thought Sana was very friendly towards Momo because they were both from Japan. But now that he knew that Sana liked girls, any gesture she did to Momo was seen as flirting by him.

'Let's go inside our office. Our shift is about to start in 8 minutes,' Jeongyeon said looking at his wristwatch.

The four of them headed towards their office. Chaeyoung saw Mina pass by a corridor.

'Guys, go ahead. I gotta do something quick,' he told them and ran towards the direction Mina went.

'Mina, hey Mina,' he called. She turned around to see who was calling her name. She was annoyed to see Son Chaeyoung because, first, their first meeting wasn't a good one, it left an awkward air between them since they both work in the same group of Callbox. Second, she was the senior at office and he was addressing her by her name.

He grinned, panting, 'I'm really sorry about the other day. We...'

Mina raised her palm and cut him off.

'First of all, I'm your senior in office. It's not Mina, it's madam for you. If you need a name it's madam Myoui. I saw your profile too. I'm older than you. So talk to me formally. Secondly, don't ever mention about that day. Forget it happened. Lastly,' she looked at her wristwatch​, 'it's about time you start working.'

After saying what she had to, she turned and left without waiting for Chaeyoung to react or respond. The latter was speechless. He shrugged his shoulders and turned to leave but stopped and turned back and looked at Mina walking away.

'Yah, I called you by your name because we already met each other before we knew we were colleagues. I was only trying to be friendly. I was even apologizing. Why did you have to be so cold, huh... Okay I hate you too,' he said to the air and stomped off.

'Yah, Son Chaeyoung, you need to be in your station before your senior. You need to work harder,' Kim Sook, the team leader scolded him as he entered the office.

'Yes, sunbaenim. I'm sorry,' he said.
'Good morning, Sam,' he said as he passed by Sam who stooped in his seat and glued his eyes on the monitor.

'Good morning,' said Sam, shooting up from his seat and bowing slightly. He  stood up so suddenly that it startled Chaeyoung. The latter placed his hand on his chest from the shock and returned the bow.

Sam was lean and lanky. He wore thick glasses. He took his work seriously and always showed little interest in people and his surrounding. He was the very embodiment of geekiness.

Calls started started flashing on their screens. They answered them in Japanese unlike few minutes ago when they were all chatting in Korean.

Their office had an open plan, everyone could see everyone. Momo would glance at Jeongyeon in between calls. Sana would do the same to Momo. She caught Momo glancing over Jeongyeon and seeing the look on her face she smiled knowingly.