16. Will you be my girlfriend?

'Chaeyoung-ah, wake up,' Jeongyeon shook him.

Chaeyoung groaned. He fumbled for his phone and checked the time. 4:16 a.m.

'Why are you waking me up now? It's too early,' he croaked.

'I need your help. Let's talk.'

'Better be very serious. Okay talk,' Chaeyoung said sitting up on the bed.

'Not here. Let's take a walk.'

Chaeyoung put on a hoodie over his pajamas, grabbed his phone, wore his shoes and followed Jeongyeon. The younger yawned widely strolling beside Jeongyeon in the street.

'Is something wrong?' Chaeyoung said burying his hands in his kangaroo pocket.

'I couldn't sleep. I have been thinking about what you said and I think you were right.'

'Huh? What did I say yesterday? My brain is still asleep.... Ah, about JYP being not able to see when he laughs? Of course I was right. His eyes disappear when he laughs.'

Jeongyeon chuckled and patted his back, 'That's not it. Yesterday you called me coward. I think you were right.'

'Don't take it too seriously.'

'I do have feelings for Momo. And I've been thinking about it all night. She's not going to stay single all life. I mean, look at yesterday, Sana asked her out. And Sana won't be the only one. Momo will accept someone someday. That thought bothered me,' Jeongyeon said. Chaeyoung laughed.

'That has the simplest solution. Ask her out. Make the person she accepts be you. I called you coward to provoke you but I really don't get what you're so afraid of. You already know she's not gonna reject you.'

'Rejection isn't what I fear, Chaeyoung-ah. I tried loving once. All I got was heartache. I'm a very unlucky person. I have no luck in anything. Will I be all right?'

'I'm the worst person to ask advice for love. I can help you getting in and out of relationship but not with what's to be maintained in between.'

'Tell me about getting in relationship then. I need a boost.'

'Boost? Does that mean you have made up your mind to ask her out!?' Chaeyoung asked excitedly.

'Only half a mind.'

'Hmm... See? The thing with me is, I don't care about tomorrow. Just live one day at a time. Live today; whatever tomorrow brings, so be it. If I like someone I just go for it. Sure it's humiliating sometimes when I get rejected but that doesn't stop me from going for another girl again. If one doesn't work, maybe another will. And maybe you can apply that to your thing called "love". Just because it once didn't work out does it mean you will never dare to love?'

Jeongyeon was listening carefully and absorbing each word.

'It's better to try and fail than not try at all. At least you won't have regrets later. Try being together with her. Look at her in the eyes like a man. Why do you keep stealing glances secretly?' Chaeyoung said. Jeongyeon smiled, because he was true he just stole glances.

'I guess I needed that. Okay, I'll tell her my true feelings.'

'Really?'

Jeongyeon smiled and nodded at him. 'Let's go back.'

'Where did you go?' Momo asked as soon as the two men walked in.

'We were just hanging out. Mmm~~ I smell something yummy,' Chaeyoung said.

'I made breakfast. Wash up and let's eat,' Momo smiled and went inside the kitchen. Strangely it made Jeongyeon happy whenever she cooked. Her domesticated behaviour had charmed his heart and he smiled with genuine admiration for the Japanese brat who had become a homely person.