Chapter 15

Younghoon found himself being pushed out the front door by Changmin. He turned around but had the door slammed in his face. "Something's wrong...Why won't he tell me?" Younghoon decided to wait outside until Changmin came back out. He knew it was a stupid idea, but felt he'd be missing out on something important because the teal string kept tugging.

___________

Younghoon opened his eyes and looked around him. He didn't know where he was until it clicked. He was inside Changmin's house. He sat up and looked around for Changmin. Younghoon checked the time on his phone. "2:03am...How long was I out there..." He wasn't sure if he should move around, so he stayed put and observed his surroundings more. He couldn't see anything from his spot on the couch, so he got up and moved towards the shelves. He saw plenty of pictures of Changmin and who he guessed was his father. He picked up one then saw that there was another picture behind it. "Is this his mom and siblings? They all look so happy here. What happened that he doesn't even want to talk about her..." Younghoon put the photos back to their original positions then looked around more while keeping his footsteps quiet.

___________

Younghoon woke up hours later and was greeted by a sweet smell. He saw Changmin walk in wearing a gray t-shirt, sweats and slippers while carrying a plate of food. Younghoon sheepishly looked away as he felt he was staring too long. "I can't believe you seriously waited outside like that. And on top of that, you even fell asleep. You're crazy." "Crazy for you." Younghoon erupted into laughter as Changmin was clearly blushing from his declaration. "I'm joking." Changmin slid the plate over to Younghoon then went back into the kitchen. Younghoon quietly chuckled then took a bite out of the pancakes Changmin had made.

As Younghoon finished, he suddenly remembered that his mother didn't know his whereabouts. "If you're worried about your mom, I called her last night and told her you were with me. She's okay with it." "How did you know..." Changmin sat on the other end of the couch then took out his phone. "Dunno. I just did." "And you call me crazy." Changmin stuck his tongue out at him which he returned with a mush to his forehead. "Keep it in your mouth." "Or yours." Younghoon dropped the fork in his hand as he felt heat rushing to his face. "Ha! Got you back." Younghoon couldn't help but think of how that would actually be like. "Younghoon? You okay? Did I go too far?" "I'm fine. Just shocked." Younghoon looked at Changmin who seemed more attractive when smiling.

"I have to get to my shift, so I'll just input how to get to the school from here." Changmin typed in the name of the college then gave his back a pat. "See you." "Wait." "What?" Younghoon bit his bottom lip then moved in front of Changmin. "I waited outside because I felt like I couldn't leave without knowing what happened with your family." "You're still on that?" "Yes and I will be until you tell me or I take my last breath." Changmin smirked then crossed his arms. "I'm sure I can make the second one happen." "Would you really?" He noticed Changmin had looked away from him. "I'll tell you later. I really have to get going." "Promise me." "I promise that I'll tell you later." Younghoon grinned as he patted his jacket pocket. "Great."

___________

Younghoon looked at the time on his phone then groaned. He didn't think he could take another half hour of his teacher's boring lecture. "You seemed stressed." Younghoon looked at Juyeon who was taking notes. "I am." "About?" "I want to know what happened to Changmin's family." "Oh. Maybe you'll find out about the flower bracelets and the indigo one." Younghoon shook his head then started doodling in Juyeon's notebook. "I don't think they're connected." "Younghoon, I wasn't wrong about the dying string. Are you doubting me now?" "Yes." Juyeon put a hand to his heart. "I'm hurt." The bell had finally rung and Younghoon couldn't have felt happier. "Can I come with you?" "No." Juyeon crossed his arms and pouted. "Then give me a summary later." "No." Younghoon hurried out of the classroom and made his way to the dance studio.

He opened the door and saw Changmin talking to a classmate. He approached them and greeted the both of them. "Text me later, Haknyeon. I have something important to talk about with this gentleman here." The guy named Haknyeon nodded then walked away. "Do you want to go somewhere private?" "Of course." Younghoon led the way to the area they deemed their talking area.

"So, now that you're comfortable, will you tell me?" Changmin sighed then closed his eyes. "My sisters died. Because of my mom." "What..." "I know. Sounds crazy doesn't it?" Younghoon noticed Changmin's frown and started rethinking of asking. "My parents had a good relationship. We don't know what happened, but she changed. She had become a monster. My oldest sister received the worst treatment out of all of us. While we were on vacation, our mom had lost something and told my sisters to go find it with her. The three of them went out to go look. After a while, I got worried and went out after them. I saw them by the water and my mom was watching from afar. My oldest sister had slipped and fell over but my other sister caught her tried pulling her back up. Just as she had almost pulled her back up, my mother pushed them over. I was too scared to do anything and I still feel guilty. I ran back and showed my father the recording I had took of them. I did it because I wanted to show my father that my mom still had a good heart and was going to help my sisters. We turned it into the police and she was jailed."

Younghoon wiped the tears from Changmin's face as they streamed down his cheeks. "I was a coward...I could've helped them..." "You could've, but what if she pushed you over with them?" He noticed Changmin had opened his eyes and looked directly into his. "Are you saying it's better that I didn't?" "No, but I am saying the world could've lost another precious human being. Now, stop crying. You're making me cry." Changmin chuckled then wiped his eyes. "Sorry. It's hard telling this to people. Especially when you don't know how they'll react." Younghoon nodded then noticed their string had started shimmering in red and periwinkle. "What are you looking at?" "My wrist. Is it wrong to look at it?" "No, but you were staring so seriously."

Younghoon found himself stroking Changmin's hair and felt relaxed while doing so. "Thank you, Younghoon. For listening and not pitting me." "Anytime." He noticed Changmin had sat up and was looking into his eyes. "My heart is pounding...Stop making me feel like this you love hater!" he thought as he looked everywhere but at Changmin. "Did I ever tell you that you have pretty eyes? Because you do and now I feel envious." Younghoon laughed awkwardly then looked away from Changmin. "Why was I hoping for something more. Don't fall for him." Despite telling himself that, he knew that he already started developing feelings for Changmin.

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! this was pretty long. prolly because of the back story.