Chapter Eight

It was 9:00pm, and Tom wasn't home yet, although you had a feeling he was on his way back.
You had cooked him some dinner one hour earlier, wondering whether he was even gonna be back at that time. It was in the fridge now, and you hoped it still tasted good. All the lights were off except for the TV. You were watching Homecoming again, and smiled through almost every bit of it. Of course, that was because Tom was in it.
You hear someone unlocking the door, and look over. The door opens, and you smile in delight before pausing the movie.

"Hey, you're back," You say with a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you," He responds with a smile. God, you lived for that smile. "And how my very beautiful friend on this lovely night," He said slightly sarcastically, and way overdramatic.

You laughed, as did he. 'And that laugh..'
"Hey, I made some food, it's in the fridge. Sorry if it's not cooked proper," You commented.

"Why thank you, m'lady," He replied with a small laugh.

He headed into the bedroom, and came out wearing hello kitty pants and a grey t-shirt.

You giggled, seeing the pants. "You kept those?"

"Well, look at them! They're glorious, how could I not?" He replied with a chuckle.

He sat down next to you after getting some food, closer than last night.
"It's fucking delicious," he commented.

"Why thank you, good sir," You replied sarcastically with a giggle.

After a little while of making jokes throughout the movie, you mumbled.

"I miss her."

"Hm?" He asked, looking towards you.
Holding back another wave of tears, you answered "Luna," with a slightly shaky voice.

"Aw, love, it's alright. She was in pain before she passed, right?"

You nodded, looking down as if to hide the tears that were bound to come out.

"Well, then she's in a better place now. She's in doggo heaven, with the other doggos, borking up a huge fucking storm," He said with a laugh.

You smiled, and giggled. "Thanks," You replied before turning back towards the movie, and moving a bit closer to Tom.

By the end of the movie, you had fallen asleep on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.