Chapter Twelve

As you both sat down on the couch, he turned on the TV, and it just so happened that his favorite TV show was on.
His eyes lit up and he starting talking about the show, about how he loved it.

'Such a goofball.'
You giggled.

"Did i say something?" He asked, a bit confused, however still smiling.

"No, it's just how much you're fan-girling right now. It's amazing. Please, continue," You responded with a laugh.

He laughed along with you, and from then on you continued watching the show, cuddled up next to each other, with his arm wrapped around you.

You felt so safe next to him.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked, realizing that he'd forgotten to ask you when you had sat down.

"Oh, um.. Maybe some water?" You responded.

"Alright, one maybe water coming right up!"

You giggled a bit.

He came back a minute later, with a glass of water. Handing it to you, he sat back down on the couch, his arm placed gently around you once again.
You took a sip or two, and set it on the table beside the couch.

"I'm sorry I have to leave tomorrow, but I'll be back next week," He suddenly spoke.

"It's alright. You have a job, and that's quite alright. Besides, I'm sure you'll have fun," You replied kindly with a smile.

Although, the smile did have traces of sadness in it.

Something just didn't sit right with you when you two were apart.