Chapter 2

The next day arrived and we sat through the whole assembly about recent disappearance of people and students in our area so the principal advise everyone to avoid walking home and take the bus or something. Although I kinda wasn't paying attention, I was busy reading my book.

We went back to class and I raised my hand to go use the bathroom.

As I walk to the bathroom I accidentally bump into someone and fall to the ground.

"My glasses" I mumbled. "Here you go" a deep unfamiliar voice says to me.

I look up to see a very handsome guy with jet black wavy hair, almost as if he runs his fingers through it. His face structure and jaw line was almost perfect and his eyes! His eyes were this beautiful blue color.

He hands me my glasses and I take my light pink round glasses.

"T-thank you" I stammered a bit.

He extend his hand "Need help?" He asked. I looked down at his arm where he has very noticeable veins popping out. I take his hand and he helps me up.

"Sorry I bumped into you. I was reading and I didn't see where I was going." I tell him.

He smiles at me as he bends down and hands me my book. "No worries, just be careful-"

I space out as I stare unto his beauty almost going into a deep trance. At this moment I can hear At last by Etta James playing in the back of my head as I stare at him smiling with his beautiful pearl white teeth.

"Are you okay?!"

I snap back into reality and see him looking confused.

I laugh nervously. "I'm fine"

"Like I said, be careful next time, I wouldn't want you to get hurt"He says. I chuckled nervously as I fixed my glasses. "I will" He flashes a very cute smile and walks off.

Gosh he's cute but he seems too good to be true.

I walked back to class dissing the thought of him liking me.

Ring Ring

Lunch time came around and I'm sitting with Amelia and some girls she met. I'm reading my book as I eat my apple.

"I heard the new boy is here today" one of Amelia friends say.

"Yeah, I saw him and he's very cute." Amelia responds back to her. She taps me "Have you seen him?" Amelia asks me. I shake my head as I bit into my Apple. "I don't think so but I did seen a cute boy but I doubt he is the new one" I tell her.

"Look! Look there he is!" Amelia friend says excitedly. Amelia looks behind us to check out the new guy however I stay glued to my book while eating my apple. This book is the most important thing to me right now. Reading this will bring my grade up to a 4.0 and I am not messing up that chance.

"He is so handsome!" Amelia friend says. "Lets go talk to him!" Amelia suggests excitedly.

"Yeah!" Amelia friend responds back. Amelia taps on me "You coming?" She asks me.

I shake my head "No" I tell her without taking my eyes off my book. Amelia and her friend stands and walks off. I glance at my watch to see the bell is gonna ring soon.

I stood up from the table and walked off with my eyes still glued to my book. I threw away my apple as I walked in the classroom.

I sat in my usual seat and continued to read my book.

"Class Settle Down!" The teacher yelled. "We have a new student today" The teacher continued. I never took my eyes off my book, however I did listen...a bit.