Chapter 14

I stared out the window with my arms crossed.

Mason places his arm around my shoulder as he kisses my head.

"How's Ruby?" I asked him.

"She just needs some time alone. They were her family after all" He says.

Carter walks in "Mason, we have to go" He says seriously.

"I'm coming" Mason says. Carter walks out.

I face Mason "Please don't get hurt again" I tell him. He kisses my forehead. "I promise."

Mason walked out leaving me in the room alone.

I changed to a big shirt only and laid on the bed and dozed off to sleep.

A week later...

I sat up from bed and looked around.

It's still night.

I looked next to me and seen Mason sleeping.

A rumble came out of my stomach.

Ugh I'm hungry.

I got up, put my glasses on and went downstairs.

It's so dark.

I walked barefoot through the dark hallways and into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and took out the bowl of ice cream. I sat in front of the back yard door and glanced out while I ate ice cream. My heart suddenly began to ache. I felt sad. I don't know why, maybe it's cause I understood Ruby when it means to feel alone.

All my sleep had left out the door. I sat there till the sun came up and when it did I made breakfast early in the morning for everyone.

I looked up at the clock "7:58 am" it read. I read a book while I cooked the bacon.

"Mila?"

I looked back and seen Mason. "Hello" 
"What time you woke up?" Mason asked.
"4 in the morning" I replied.
"Why were you up that early?" He asked.

Alex runs in "I knew I smelled Bacon" he says.  

"Whoa, Mila cooking?" Alex adds with a smirk. I placed the plate of bacon next to the plate of sausages, eggs, pancakes, and French Toast. Alex takes a bite of the bacon. "She has the brains, the body and the cooking skills. If you don't marry her, I will" he says as he looks up and down at me.

Mason hits the back of his head. "Stop looking at her like that" Mason snaps. Mason walks toward me "I don't think she has the brains either." He takes a bacon "Trust me, she's not the brightest lightbulb in the shed." He bites into the bacon.

I look up at him. "I'm not that dumb" I snap at him. He lifts his hand and flicks my forehead. "Yeah you're are" he continued.

Janette walks in the kitchen "Who knew the girl can cook." She says as she glares at me. "Good morning people and by people I mean, only Mason" She adds.

Alice than walks in the kitchen. "I smelled breakfast and I thought Ruby had finally decided to get out her room but it's just the girl who put her there in the first place."

"It wasn't her fault" Mason snapped.

"Sure it wasn't" Alice says as she smiled.