Chapter 17 - The Break-Up

Recap:

K: "Hey. So, what's the deal with you and Kiara hey?!? I thought you've never kissed anyone before?!? Have you done stuff with her before?!?"

H: "...

H: "Babe I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you"

K: "Just tell me the truth or we are done!"

H: "Okay, please, just hear me out? Kiara was home alone when her parents went out of town for the night and she asked me if I wanted to go over and watch movies with her cause she said she was feeling scared. We started watching some movies then she grab out some Cruisers and I just thought maybe she was feeling a little less scared. One bottle led to another and the next thing I remember I woke up next to her in her bed. She was there in her underwear and I just kinda freaked out. I threw my jeans back on and my t shirt as I ran to my car. I didn't intend anything to happen with her that night. I promise babe."

K: "Just like you promised you were a virgin?! How you've never been drunk?! That you've never kissed anyone?! Oh my God! I can't believe anything you say to me anymore!"

She hangs up and throws her phone at her door smashing the phone screen and singing the door. Her mother runs up to her room as fast as she can, panicked that Krystelle had been hurt. Krystelle burst into tears and her mother comes in to comfort her and asks her about everything that's been going on. She explains the situation and her mum hugs her tightly and kisses her forehead and strokes the top of her head and her hair. She tells her everything will be okay but Krystelle won't believe any of it. She politely asks her mum to leave the room and she does so. She locks the door the second her mum steps out and she lays on her bed and screams into her pillow. Her mother tries to fight back unlocking the door and assumes that she will figure everything out herself.

Tomorrow is Monday and it's their last week of school for the year. Krystelle asks her mum if she can have the day off but her mum rejects saying that she will be able to cope. She calls up Megan and tells her everything that had happened just an hour earlier. Megan tries to comfort her over the phone but it doesn't work.

"I'll be at your house in 10. Get ready for the best movie marathon of your life." beep... beep... beep

Megan had hung up. Krystelle wipes the running mascara and foundation of her face and takes a cold bath to try to numb herself. As she lays there, she observes her shaving razor to her right. She considers the idea of, ya know, but she convinces herself not to go back down that path. She gets out of the tub and wraps herself in her favourite towel, takes a few of her mums anti-depressants and gets dressed. Just as she finishes re-brushing her hair, someone rung the doorbell and she raced downstairs to go and get it, excited to see Megan. Little did she know, it would be the person she least suspected...