Chapter 1

The Yuuei Entrance Exams, something that would enable third-year middle-schoolers to get into Yuuei for high school. But there were the lucky few who didn't have to take the test because they had already got in through recommendations, and you were one of them. Instead, you had requested to watch with this year's faculty.

It was one of the few things that interested you, watching other people use their quirks.

This year, your 'mother' said you were going to Yuuei. She was a pro hero, and she was working at the same school, so it was convenient for both you and her. She was also quite provocative, wearing the sexiest clothes she could find. Her name was Kayama Nemuri, also known as the 18+ Only Hero: Midnight.

She pretty much just let you do anything you wanted, which was nice. You usually just went out for walks around the neighbourhood, only going to stores and restaurants when absolutely necessary.

It wasn't a bad life, but it was just so plain. 

If you were being honest, you wished you could have your real parents alive. You missed them, you yearned for them; you wanted them to hug you and tell you it was okay.

But they were gone, and you had no one here for you or anyone who truly knew you.

Even if Nemuri was close to you because she was your adopted mother, it still wasn't enough.

You didn't have any happiness.

There were things that made you interested and not bored, sure, but it wasn't enough.

———

"(Name)? It's time to go for the exams now!"

You got up from the chair in front of your desk and you slowly walked down the stairs to Nemuri. She didn't mind you calling her by her first name, as she knew not to bug you about your past and if you could call her 'Mom'.

You followed her outside before she turned to you. You were questioning why she was in her hero costume, which was kind of embarrassing and showy, in your head. No one would really be seeing her anyways.

She turned to you with a smile on her face. "Can you teleport us there, pleeeeeease?"

You rolled your eyes as the red markings on your finger glowed for a moment before the air around you blurred and changed.

"Wow! This makes traveling so much easier!"

"Midnight, you're late." This came from a tired looking man with long, messy black hair and eyes with bags underneath them. He was wearing rumpled black clothes and he had white bandages wrapping around his neck loosely like a scarf. He shuffled over to her as she batted her long eyelashes over her bright blue eyes.

You knew it wouldn't work on the man, who was used to her tricks. His name was Shouta Aizawa, and he was going to be your homeroom teacher this year in class 1-A.

But wait... It only took you a second to get here so...she would have been even later if you weren't there to teleport her. You sighed. She was supposed to be a pro and yet she didn't have very good time management.

"The exams are starting soon, Mic's just finishing with the orientation." You followed Aizawa to a room filled with monitors and other teachers. They were sitting in a line, with All Might in the center. You quietly pulled up a seat behind Nemuri as she took her spot at the empty chair.

You were captivated by what happened next. When the exams started, the monitors were filled with different kids who had varying types of quirks and abilities. The one that stood out most was a boy with ash-blond hair. He had the luck of being born with the powerful quirk of explosions, but from what it seemed, he also had an explosive personality. Right and left, he was destroying robots quickly, the number of them still in his arena dwindling down. He would be quite powerful with more training.

But closer to the end, there was another boy. He had curly green hair and emerald eyes. Freckles speckled his cheeks, but none of this was why he caught your interest.

In fact, he had the other teachers interest too.

The zero pointer robot was towering over him and other examinees, but when he saw a brown-haired girl trapped under the debris that the robot unearthed, he wasted no time in turning back to try and save her.

You were too busy watching what happened next to notice the faculty giving rescue points to him, raising his zero-point score to a higher passing score.

But you saw something strange, and you leaned in closer to the screen to focus on it.

To save the girl, he had jumped high into the air, to a height taller than the robot itself. He punched the robot with a powerful smash before he lost momentum and plunged towards the ground. But it seemed like he was powerless to do anything. His right arm and both legs were flapping in the wind, as if they had no muscles in them. He had a terrified expression on his face as he held onto his injured arm with the other.

You walked out of the room before you could see what happened next. You didn't want to know what happened to him, not because you were scared or anything, but because you had simply lost interest in watching him. You also knew he would be just fine, because it was Yuuei, and they had pros here.

You left the room and went for a walk around the school, before feeling a buzz in the pocket of your shorts.

You slipped it out to see a new message from Nemuri.

Nemuri Kayama:
Hey, where'd you go? The exams finished but I didn't see you. Was there a boy you saw on the screen that you just had to meet??? ;)

You sighed softly, tapping on the screen to respond.

(Name) (Last Name):

No, if anything that would be you... I went for a walk.

Nemuri Kayama: 
You're so boring -_- you really need to find a guy

(Name) (Last Name):
No
Bye

You pushed your phone back into the pocket it came from, before continuing to stroll around the campus. You might as well take a look around and get to know the place.

———

Later, Nemuri had come rushing towards you, her red glasses crooked and her breasts bouncing up and down, at which you promptly looked away.

"Where were you?!? I wanted to go home a while ago but you disappeared!!!"

"Sorry."

"You finally speak! Whatever. Let's go home, okay?"

The markings glowed again and the air shifted before you and the 18+ Only Hero were home.

She let out a huff before parting her lips to speak.

"Eraser told me to tell you that you should finish your hero costume! So here's a notepad and a pencil. But don't make it too sexy like mine! Because you might show me up and I can't let that happen!" she said in a teasing voice. She produced the paper and writing utensil and shoved them into your hands.

Pushing you up the stairs to your room, she told you to make sure it looks cute.

"Make sure you blow their minds up with your power and looks too!"