Chapter 13

Over the last week, you trained Uraraka after school to control the gravity of more items without getting nauseous. It was interesting, because whenever she went over her limit, she would barf up rainbows.

What a weird girl.

"Thanks for helping me, (Last Name)!" Uraraka thanked you, smiling happily. She was sure she'd do better at the Sports Festival than she would've if she hadn't requested you help her.

As you watched her leave, you glanced down. Numerous rocks of varying sizes were littering the ground from when she used her quirk in them.

"Yo."

You whipped around to where the voice came from. It came from a man who looked to be only a few years older than you. He had dark hair, cold turquoise eyes, and purple, wrinkled flesh in places and was connected to his normal skin with what looked like medical staples.

His appearance had the look of a villain, so your eyes were narrowed in an angry glare that was fixed upon him, and him alone.

"Relax," he smirked, his lips curling up into a small grin. "I know you think I'm a villain, and I am. But I'm not here to fight you. I just wanted to take a look at you. I heard you have a powerful quirk, and although I haven't joined them just yet, the League of Villains will appreciate any info I give them."

"Go away." Your hand was outstretched, and an illusion of a long blade that seemed to be hovering over your palm became reality as you wrapped your slender fingers around it. The blade's cold metal edge glistened against the sunlight as you pointed it at the mysterious villain.

"You aren't worried I'll kill you?" His eyes were narrowed as he observed your every move.

"Like you said, I have a powerful quirk. I can easily beat you," you said lowly, your gaze never leaving the man.

"Right, right," he replied, his hands now up in the air. His expression showed amusement; he wasn't scared of him you, but he knew you weren't afraid of him either. He wasn't scared of you, as you could tell from the look in his eyes.

He was toying with you.

"I'd better be going now, don't want to miss an appointment with the handman," he said slowly, chuckling at your persistence in staring him down. He turned on his heel and strode away as you tossed your weapon to the side.

"Damn villain," you murmured. You left the area you were in too, heading home.

———

"Today's the Sports Festival!" Uraraka cheered. She had a determined look on her face as you waited in your class's assigned waiting room. You could tell she was slightly excited and also nervous.

At this moment, your entire class was standing inside the small room you were told to wait in, so a few people mingled in small groups and chatted with each other. However, all their attention was turned to Shouto and Midoriya when the former spoke to the latter in an icy tone.

"I'm going to say this once," Shouto said, his heterochromatic eyes boring into Midoriya's emerald green orbs. "I'm going to beat you."

It was silently for a moment before Midoriya stammered, "O-okay..."

"I know All Might has his eye on you," Shouto continued, his tone icy-cold. "And I'm going to beat you."

Shouto walked away after that, leaving the green-haired boy standing there confused and sweating nervously.

After a few minutes had passed, all of 1-A was collected by the door, waiting to enter the large stadium that was filled with thousands of spectators.

"I'm so nervous," Uraraka commented as your class was called. You walked through the entrance to the open field, cheers coming from the pro-heroes and civilians alike who were observing the Sports Festival.

You watched the other classes come in too, to see what the others looked like. Some had mutation quirks, which were quite obvious at a glance. But you couldn't tell what quirks the other students possessed.

It's not like it mattered, you were pretty sure you'd win.

"Before we start, we have a speech from...Bakugou Katsuki!" Nemuri announced, she was wearing hero normal hero costume and for some odd reason, carrying a flogger's whip. She was going to be the judge of the different stages of the Sports Festival.

"I guess he did get first on the Entrance Exams..." Kirishima muttered. Your entire class watched Bakugou with anticipation to see what words would come out of his mouth, although you had a pretty good idea of what they would be. Bakugou was standing atop a small stage with Nemuri, who handed him the microphone.

"I just wanna say..." Bakugou started, his expression showing no interest whatsoever. "I'm gonna win."

There was a moment of silence before the other classes leapt into an uproar, shouting at him to not be so arrogant, rude, cocky, et cetera.

"At least be useful stepping stones on my way to victory," Bakugou grumbled, his glaring eyes sweeping over the classes who were giving him the dirtiest stare ever and throwing them a thumbs-down. It was quite obvious to know that they were pissed at his rude behaviour and arrogance.

"What a dumbass," you murmured, shaking your head. Now the other classes would be desire to beat your class even more than they had before. Thankfully, he hadn't heard the words that came from your mouth, otherwise he would've gone ballistic at you and probably would've embarrassed your class even more.

Nemuri looked puzzled for a moment before she snapped out of it when Present Mic started speaking into a microphone from the box where he and Aizawa were.

"Our first stage will be an obstacle course!" His voice resonated from large speakers that sent the sound to every corner of the arena. The screen that was attached to one of the walls lit up before showing a small version of the course you would be running. "Anything is allowed, of course, as long as you stay on course!"

It wouldn't be fair if I just teleported to the end... And I want to 'enjoy' the race and show that I'm the most powerful one here.

Your soft, plump lips curved into a frown as you realized how many students were squished into the tunnel that would serve as the starting line. You were wedged in between several others from the different classes and you were starting to feel a slight bit uncomfortable.

Present Mic's loud and powerful voice counted down from three as everyone prepared to start.

"GO!!!"